Amrix User Reviews

Amrix - User Reviews

Amrix User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Amrix sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: indiansprings, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 07

Amrix, is a miracle medication, I have multiple back problems,4 herniated discs, spinal stenosis,degenerative disc diease ect,and pain medication {oxycotin}could not help, or give me the relief from pain the way AMRIX did. the first day I was a little grogy, but other wise, no serious side effects,or side effects at all, and by the second day,my chronic pain has dropped down from a constant 8-9 on pain medication, to 3-4, with Amrix, and half the dose of pain meds. I will not stop taking it, as it has helped me tremendously , giving me some of my life back, from severe chronic pain !

Related Reading: Amrix | chronic pain

Comment from: cowgurl67, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 24

I have hynerated dics in both back and neck and stay in pain constantly. I just started taking this medicine about 5 days ago. I have taken flexeril for years now and never really received the releif I felt I needed. I'm guessing that since this is extended release it could be the reason I feel a little relief. I don't feel groggy or drowsey from taking this medicine. I plan on continuing this medicine to see if over time it will help my pain more. I'm not sure how expensive it is, but when my doctor gave me samples, they also gave me a coupon for up to $20 off, the doc made the comment that it must be really expensive to offer $20 off. I'm on workman's comp, so they paid for it. I probably wouldn't have been able to get it if I had to pay for it.

Related Reading: flexeril

Comment from: nancy, 35-44 (Patient) Published: November 26

could not afford to buy it even with my copay, the full price is over $200.00, with a copay it cost$72.50, why is this medicine so expensive???????? so i could not really do the reiview with the stars above, can't use it if you cannot afford it.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 01

Taking this drug actually reduced the muscle spasms I was having with lower back pain. Problem is, you become a zombie 2 hours after taking the capsule (I was given 30mg capsules) for a full 24 hours. Decide whether it is worth the price of being unproductive and lethargic the entire time you're on this drug compared to the relief you may get from muscle spasms. I prefer Valium which does the same thing without the long lasting side effects, but was told by my Doctor that this version of Flexoril minimized the extreme drowsiness that characterizes it. It clearly does not. I will think very carefully before taking this medication a second time.

Related Reading: muscle spasms | lower back pain | Valium

Comment from: alic1204, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 15

I have only been taking this medication for a short while. It helps me sleep better but I have a hard time waking up in the morning. I suggest that it be taken early. You need to try and get at least 8 hours of sleep while taking this medication.

Comment from: loretta, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 09

I had right knee surgery back in June of 2009. Needless to say I was still having a lot of pain. I would wake in the night about three,four in the morning in tears crying to my husband where my knee would be having killer spasms. I was taking flexerill three times a day, mobic, and lortab. All done no good, my doc put me on this Amrix I have been on it for a week now and I can already tell a big difference, I actually get to sleep in the night. He still wanted me to take my flexerill twice a day and this Amrix at 6pm. So happy to say I have not had to take my flexirl all week. It does make me sleepy but, he said that is why he has me taking it at 6pm that way when I go to sleep and by the time I get up for work, I will not feel so drowsey. It works for me, I just hope it can help others like it is helping me.

Related Reading: mobic

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 11

I have fibromyalgia. I have chronic pain, mainly in my legs, face, and back. I also have muscle twitches that can last for days. Since starting Amrix about 3 weeks ago, I haven't had any muscle twitching and no severe pain. Not sure is any what result this has done for the pain and twitching because I am taking other medications for them too. I usually have strong side effects from medications and I have not had any.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia