Anafranil User Reviews

Anafranil - User Reviews

Anafranil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Anafranil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 31

Suffer from severe OCD with anxiety and depression. Early on, the side effects of this medication were difficult to deal with - dry mouth, unbelievable appetite, sweating and sexual dysfunction. Over time, side effects diminished along with the symptoms. Currently, I am 18 years symptom-free and have been off the drug for the last 12!

Related Reading: anxiety | depression | dry mouth

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 02

OCD, fear of not making it to the washroom to empty my bladder. Since taking this drug now for 10 years I haven't had an episode.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 03

To manage side effects I had to start at low dosis until my body got used. I have to sleep my hours to avoid sleepiness in day; I have to watch my weight, and exercise. I started to feel the real effects after taking the medicine for more than three months; I think that it made the full effect after six months. You must be patient to feel the liberating effects of Anafranil

Related Reading: sleep | Anafranil

Comment from: Rome52, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 31

This medicine has worked excellent for me for years for both obsessive compulsive disorder and depression.

Comment from: suziehistory412p, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 06

I have trouble sleeping as I have major clinical depression, panic/anxiety disorder, and OCD. I took Benadryl but it only sedated me and I had night terrors. Anafranil at bedtime works like a charm. I think my other meds keep the side effects at bay.

Related Reading: Benadryl

Comment from: jenae88, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 06

This is the best medication I have ever took I have a skin picking disorder and I barely pick now I am so happy

Comment from: ProjektRaCat, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

Took this medicine for 3 weeks when I was 16. I quit because the side effects were too much to handle. Just started taking it again a week ago. I haven't had any panic attacks or any OCD issues, however, my hands have been very shakey, my pupils have been dilated, I'm very fatigued, and keep getting headaches. I also spent one morning dry heaving. I'm going to give it a bit more time, but stay on the lowest dose to see if the side effects go away. It works... you just have to be able to tolerate the side effects.

Related Reading: panic attacks

Comment from: BMP7272, 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 20

I was diagnosed with OCD when I was 7 yrs old. I was on several medications including zoloft and prozac. They would work for a while but they usually made me sick. Anafranil was absolutely wonderful after the few weeks it takes to build up in your system. Even if you feel better never stop this medicine on your own. I made that mistake as a teenager and the OCD usually comes back full throttle.

Related Reading: zoloft | prozac

Comment from: StaceyAmber, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 08

I have a terrible time with counting and checking things and I have found this works great. I had to give it time to work. I have been on it for two months now and I am very happy. I have had some side effects i.e. sweating, weight gain about 15 lbs, and twitching, But I would rather sweat, twitch and be a little heavier than COUNT and CHECK everything in my house before I left. Give it time it works!!! You will feel better. Watch your eating habits and get exercise. Happy Journey!!