Anafranil User Reviews

Anafranil - User Reviews

Anafranil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Anafranil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 06

I started taking this medicine at the mid range dose about a month ago and I noticed better sleep patterns and less obsessive behavoir. I even lost weight as I tend to be a comfort eater when stresed. That being said. the first week I had terrible dizziness and my sensitivty to alcohol was exponentially increased(a half glass of wine made me faint). The only persistent side effect has been severe constipation; the worst of my life. I'm going to give it another month and then switch if this doesn't go away.

Related Reading: dizziness | constipation

Comment from: Oli, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 03

Improved OCD and depression significantly. I take 150mg. Can you guys tell me how much you take??

Comment from: MDS, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 14

The side effects are driving me crazy. I have uncontrollable muscle twitches, am groggy, nauseated, and dry mouth. Will give it 3 more weeks to see if things change.

Comment from: BlueHedgehog, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 04

I took Anafranil to treat anxiety and phobias, and the side effects were too much for me to handle. I became very agitated and aggressive while on it. My friends nick-named it "The Devil Drug" because I acted so unlike myself while on it. I nearly attacked a kid at school with a math text book for making a bad pun, and almost went after the drama teacher with my scissors for messing up a costume I made. Considering that I have never even gotten near getting in a fight my whole life, I think it is safe to say it was the medication. Apparently this is a common side effect for pediatric patients--it sure drove me nuts.

Related Reading: phobias

Comment from: satisfied, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 16

i've been taking anafrinal for 3 months and is is helping me overcome some of my ocd . when i take a calcium and 2 potassium tablets with supper meal i don't have leg cramps or numbness in my leegs . also i am sleeping better now. i hope this information helps someone. i'm taking 25 mg. and may have to increase to 50 mg. according to my dr.to help more with the ocd. i'm so happy that this medicine is helping me.,

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 16

I haven't seen much reduction in my OCD problems, but every time I sneeze, I have an orgasm! And it's allergy season! My doc says 5% of patients experience this side effect- but no one ever talks about it. I LOVE it! I will NEVER give up this drug!

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: baplo, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 13

DR prescribed this for premature ejaculation have to take it 24hrs before having intercourse.

Comment from: a true believer, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 29

This drug has been on the market for several years, I started taking it in 1989. It is a wonder drug as far as OCD drugs go. There is no other BETTER DRUG OUT THERE FOR OCD!!! It is a miracle drug. I took it starting at age 9 and quit taking it at age 20 when I got pregnant with my 1st daughter . I didnt need the medication anymore after that, not sure why but I have been free from ocd for years and I no longer take any meds, however this is the one and only best drug for OCD!!! : )

Comment from: --, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 28

level of OCD has not lessened at all

Comment from: mizzabbigail, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 21

minus a quick moment when we realized that when the dose was too low i was lots worse and that a certain dose was too high this medication has worked amazingly for me quickly reducing my anxiety and both obsessions and compulsions.i was very happy to finally find a med that worked for me.

Comment from: ocdgirl, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 19

When I first began taking Anafranil, I got really sick. I stuck with it, and it is the only drug that helps me with my severe OCD. The only side effect has been immense weight gain. I never had a weight problem until I started taking this drug.