Anafranil User Reviews

Anafranil - User Reviews

Anafranil User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Anafranil sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: naner, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 15

I had to quit this drug because of urinary retention. I landed up in the ER needing to be catheterized. I don't think it is a common effect but it happened to me. I really loved this product too. It was really helping me sleep.

Related Reading: urinary retention

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 04

Did not notice improvement in symptoms. Had quite severe dry mouth and strong urine which I could not drink enough to dilute. Nice that CVS pharmacy has blood pressure machines. This medicine raised both numbers by about 15 points which put me at 1st stage hypertension and pulse rate as well. Phychiatrist stopped this medication and tested me for ADHD. I scored high on that test and medicine for that seems to be working. I had been seeking treatment for insomnia for 2 yrs and had been on different depression medications. Keep working with your doctor! Everybody has slightly different metabolism and mental illness symptoms often overlap. When I drew this for my Dr he just smiled and showed me he used the same interlocking circles to describe to his patients.

Related Reading: ADHD | insomnia | mental illness

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 26

I was put on the medication for anxiety due to insomnia. I never had experienced such severe dry mouth. It was almost causing panic attacks. I am now on luvox and doing great.

Related Reading: luvox

Comment from: umgriz, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 21

This medication packs a punch. I've been on it at 200mg daily for just over five years. It was very effective in treating my panic disorder and OCD symptoms, but I experienced all the side effects described above. The dry mouth is so bad I couldn't use my CPAP anymore. Over all I gained about 35 lbs that I could not lose not matter how hard I tried. I had constant thirst and excessive urination. My affect became flat and dull. I was rendered completely impotent. And over five years I was prescribed four other medications to treat the side effects. But I endured it all. Finally, after achieving some stability in my life, I am trying to get off it. It is a nightmare! I've been weaned off for five weeks, but the withdrawal effects are nasty: headaches; horrible depression (my worst ever); vivid, disturbing dreams; nausea. I've been essentially useless since I stopped. If I knew then what I know now, I never would have started taking it. It's side effects were horrible, and it's withdrawal effects are worse.

Comment from: armybear, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 05

the only thing is since Ive taken this med is that Ive gained almost 100 lbs!!! I dont know if its from the meds or just me. I need help now for my weight!!! Can anyone help????