Angeliq User Reviews

Angeliq - User Reviews

Angeliq User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Angeliq sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: doris, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 23

i had to stop taking this medication, my joints were hurting.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 16

hot flashes and irratability immediately went away. Only negative was started periods again after one year without,but well worth the tradeoff.

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: DebbieS, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 11

I felt SO MUCH BETTER once I started taking this drug, the night sweats, hot flashes, mood swings went a way. I had energy again, and concentrate on things again.

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: debbied, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 05

At 50 - menopause was in full swing. Hot flashes were BRUTAL both day and especially at night. Waking every hour sweating then freezing from being clammy. Feet swell, irritability, mood swings - horrible life. Was adamant that I didn't want to take hormones. Met with my doctor who spent quite a long time discussing the good, bad and ugly of hormones. Explained that I probably wouldn't have to take them forever. Finally, she told me that she had already had her tubes tied and if she had to take a hormone replacement this is the one she would take. Said I could have periods but this should not cause regular monthly cycles. Have been taking for almost 2 weeks and the change is remarkable. Still have some hot flashes but not as severe. Don't plan on taking forever, hope to ween off eventually. If anyone is suffering like I was, PLEASE, PLEASE see your doctor and discuss this treatment.

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: Carol, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 13

Started using Angeliq 3 years ago. My hot flashes disappeared, my skin, hair and nails started growing. I had more energy and my mood improved immensly. I stopped using it for 4months and everything went down hill. My hair fell out in chunks and I was so depressed. Started taking it again and I feel fantastic.

Related Reading: Angeliq

Comment from: DPD, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 10

I took Angeliq for 3 years and had frequent, excruciating headaches that lasted for up to 3 days and could not be quelled even by Vicodin or muscle relaxers. My doctor thought they were related to a bulging disc in my neck. She and I never associated my headaches with this drug, which did work on the menopausal symptoms for which I was taking it. Four months ago I switched to Combipatch, and I have not had ONE headache since the switch. Now I'm certain my headaches were related to Angeliq.

Related Reading: Vicodin | Combipatch | headache

Comment from: singer, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 14

It eased my hot flashes within days, then I started bleeding again! I have gone to another pill.

Comment from: LISA, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

I AM HAVE ONLY BEEN TAKING ANGELIQ FOR JUST OVER A WEEK, I HAVE HAD MUSCLE CRAMPS, ESP IN MY LOWER RIGHT LEG, NOT SURE IF I NEED TO CHANGE TO DIFFERENT MED, HOT FLUSHES WERE KEEPING ME AWAKE, NOW THE LEG CRAMPS ARE TOO.

Related Reading: MUSCLE CRAMPS

Comment from: FEELING BETTER, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 22

I have been on this HRT for 4 months and it has been great!! No hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, mood swings, and vaginal dryness, all went away after a few weeks. I work out at least 5-6 days a week and have noticed that loosing weight has gotten to be really difficult, especially in the stomach area. I took my pill "LATE" "ONE" day as opposed to taking it early in the morning and boy did I have problems. Night sweats two nights in a row, I didn't sleep well for two nights and the bleeding was horriable. So I learned that you need to take it at the exact same time everyday to get the results you are looking for.

Related Reading: insomnia | vaginal dryness | sleep