Aphthasol User Reviews

Aphthasol - User Reviews

Aphthasol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aphthasol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Jamie, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 08

I get numerous canker sores, often a rash of them at once. My major complaint with aphthasol is getting it on the sore. Because it is a paste it often sticks to my finger rather than the canker sore where I want it to stay. (It becomes sticky and more difficult to use with each try.) Thus I end up using up the medication more rapidly and it is quite expensive. I find it effective is used immediately but I wish there were a different delivery system, such as drops or a liquid application.

Related Reading: canker sores | rash | aphthasol

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 18

This is the best treatment I have ever tried for canker sores. Sores that usually take two weeks to run their coarse are completely gone in one day.

Comment from: Happy, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 26

This is the only medication that does shorten the discomfort and duration of canker sores. But as another reviewer stated, it can be difficult to get it to stay where you want to put it. It is a paste and unless the area stays completely dry, it does not adhere to the sore for any length of time.

Comment from: cerigui@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 02

As a Doctor I had excellent result with this medication, the only problem is that it is difficult to find now in California.

Comment from: KMChristy, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 28

I get sore places on my tongue. My Doctor prescribe this medication. The Aphthasol soothes the inflamation and calms the pain when I use my tongue to talk or eat. The paste also creates a barrier which helps the movement of my tongue.

WebMD Oral Health

Get tips for a healthy mouth.