Aplenzin User Reviews

Aplenzin - User Reviews

Aplenzin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aplenzin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 06

I've been on this prescription for about a week and a half now. Switched over from bupropion sr. & effexor at the same time. Coming off effexor and surprising not 1 side effect. effexor was decreasing my libido and not sure if coming off effexor or going on aplenzin (or both) but my libido is coming back and the depression has lifted for the most part. Hoping that it only gets better ~ Surprised at how quick this is working. Effexor worked for me last year, but not at all this year. cost between effexor and aplenzin are about the same with my insurance. Had a little nausea the first 3 days but that's it. I have the energy that i got off the wellbutrin. So I'd reccommend this. Good luck to all

Related Reading: effexor | aplenzin | depression

Comment from: jenniferellen, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 29

I am on 512mg of Aplenzin which my dr says is equivalent to 450mg of Wellbutrin XR. I have been on this for about a year progressing to the current dosage that I am on. I think this medication has significantly helped me feel motivated and helped me to see my life more with the glass half full :) I know that it is working because when I ran out of my meds a couple months ago my boyfriend asked me why I was being so snippy with him and instigating problems between us. In a later conversation I mentioned I hadn't been taking my meds for a few days and he told me that he indeed could tell a huge difference in me. Thats all the confirmation of success that i need! :)

Related Reading: Wellbutrin

Comment from: dizzy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 02

I had been on different medications for years and was put on Aplenzin. I took the first pill on Tuesday morning and was filling slightly sick that evening which I attributed to switching medications. Wednesday morning I woke up feeling dizzy and had to sit down while trying to get ready for work. I actually took a motion sickness pill mid-morning and one mid-afternoon just to be able to function at work. Any sudden movements would make my head spin and I'd have to sit down, and my tongue swelled and I had several mouth sores develope. Again I attributed it to switching medications. Thursday I woke up to the same symptoms so I didn't take Aplenzin that morning and called the doctors office. I was told it was probably an allergic reaction and I should stop the medication. I have never had this type of reaction to any other depression medication.

Related Reading: motion sickness

Comment from: suzan, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 02

This drug is fairly new to me. I have only had experience with one other antidepressant before Aplenzin unsuccessfully. This has not truly assisted my level of anxiety, but has given me an overall feeling of well being and has diminished emotional reactions to troubling aspects of my environment. It has been successful at stabilizing me to previous normality.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Sandy792, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 30

I have panic disorder which subsequently caused me to fall into a deep state of depression. At first my phychiatrist prescribed me Wellbutrin SR (taken twice daily) and Zoloft. After about 3 months I actually had moments where I was starting to feel happy to be alive. However, the Zoloft was causing my libido to practically be non existant. At my next visit with my psych suggested that I begin taking Aplenzin 348 mg because it only needs to be taken once a day. After about three months I was still not feeling any better so he up-ed my dosage to 522mg and put me on Buspar for anxiety. It has been just about two months since then and I am feeling worse almost to the point of having suicidal thoughts (I would never kill myself, but the thoughts are greatly disturbing). My anxiety has gotten worse and I cannot make it through the day without a Xanax. I just spoke to my pharmacist who said that I have been patient enough and the 522 mg should have worked by now. She told me to contact my doc and have him switch me to something else. On the postive side, I had not a single side effect on the Aplenzin and it was a very smooth drug. Unfortunately it did not work for me. I guess my point is that everyone's body chemistry is different. I am going to suffer this out for the next three weeks until my next appointment with my psych and am going to ask him to put me on Lexapro for both my anxiety and depression.

Related Reading: Wellbutrin SR | Zoloft | Zoloft

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: November 22

My psychiatrist gave me samples of this med because I lost my health insurance and even generic buproprion is expensive for me. He gave me this med as a replacement for my buproprion since he could give me samples at no cost to me. I was on this med for a few months. Buproprion has always worked very well for me consistently through the years. I feel I did a little better on this than the high dose of buproprion I had been on. I did not have any untoward side effects with this med.