Aplenzin User Reviews

Aplenzin - User Reviews

Aplenzin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aplenzin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ready2GetBetter, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 16

I took this medicine as a substitute for generic Wellbutrin when I was in between insurance coverage. It seems to work fine for the depression, just a nagging side effect of a bit of dizziness when I move my head suddenly in bed. This seems to be worse in the mornings and evenings, it doesn't bother me during usually during the day at all.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 02

I had been taking Wellbutrin for about 9 yrs., worked for awhile , kept increasing the mg. until i needed higher dosage. Began Aplenzin last year. This med. alone is not really helping my depression symptoms. I'm becoming frustated, more anxiety, because my depression just seems to becoming worse. When I was taking 1 pill at 522 mg. seemed to work well for most of the day, not everyday, then began taking 2 pills at 174 and 358, for some strange reason the 2 pills that added up to 522 mg. wasn't working the same way as 1 pill 522 mg. This med. has became very expensive and I cannot continue, unless my doc. continues to give me samples of Aplenzin. I may have to switch to something else. So far, have not been able to handle side effects from the other antidepressents I've tried in the past.

Comment from: flarez, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 12

I've been taking this for about one month. At first, I was very lightheaded/dizzy and had some weakness/trembling in my hands. I also experienced an increase in urination. The most uncomfortable side effect is a tremendous increase in sweating and "flushing." I'm taking HRT to ward off hot flashes but this drug is making them even worse. I'm thinking about going off this drug because of this side effect.

Related Reading: hot flashes

Comment from: cventura, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 22

good for depression but having sexual side effects

Related Reading: sexual

Comment from: jennerationb, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 19

I've been on different anti-depressants for about 10 years now. I had recently been on Effexor XR but noticed weight gain and constant trembling in my hands. I switched over to Aplezin about 1 month ago and it's been great. I feel happier than I have in a long time, and I now have to remind myself to eat because I have little to no appetite.

Related Reading: Effexor XR

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 12

seems best formulation ive tried

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 01

The positive of this medication is that I smoke much less. My depression has worsened and I am very agitated. Need to get off this drug and wating to see my Dr.

Comment from: Beatnick, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 17

I was on Buproprion for over 10 years. My depression was getting worse so my doc put me on Cymbalta 60mg and switched me to Aplenzin 522mg from Buproprion. I'm not sure if it's working yet, because it's only been about two weeks. I'm still severly depressed and frequently suicidal. I haven't been able to work or function very well. I just want to sleep all the time. My insurance doesn't cover Aplenzin. When I called my pharmacy they told me it would cost over $800 per month. I was only given one month of samples. I have no idea what I'll do when I run out. Hopefully my doc will either give me another 30 day supply or get a medical necessity exemption from my insurance company. I'm frustrated because nothing seems to be working well any more. I hope the Cymbalta and Aplenzin kick in soon. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Related Reading: Cymbalta | sleep

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 31

I've only been on the medication for two days, but Ive been on Wellbrutrin 150 mgs for about four months. I was still having relapses on 150 MG of Wellbrutrin and Pristiq. So the doctor changed medications to Alplenzin 348 MG. So far, Ive been feeling well, a little tired. During the day, I find it a little hard to concentrate, but that could be the change in medication. I am very hopeful about the medication. The tiredness should wear off in a few days.

Related Reading: Pristiq