Apriso User Reviews

Apriso - User Reviews

Apriso User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Apriso sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Joe , 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 07

As a further to my previous review:(have been taking Apriso for about six months and have not had any flareups. I was taking Entocort but my doctor had me switch to Apriso and am very satisfied. Apriso while expensive is about one third the price of Entocort. I read it is for use for up to 6 months but now I see many people have been taking it for much longer. On May 27, 2011, after taking Apriso for 10 months, I had a colonoscopy and my doctor reported that my colon had actually improved since I was on the medication. I currently take 4 tablets a day and my doctor said I could cut down to three if I wanted to. I asked him about the long time side effects of Apriso and he said he knew of none. The only side effect I have experienced is joint stiffness in the morning which usually subsides within twenty minutes. I will keep taking 4 tablets a day.

Related Reading: Apriso | Entocort

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 26

I have UC and suffered a year long flare up. Asacol was not keeping it at bay, Prednisone was no longer able to put it into remission. Went on Remicade which was fantastic and on Apriso for a daily maintenance. It's easy since it's only once a day and it seems to be OK. I'm about an 8 out of 10 for symptoms, so no complaints. I really can tell the difference when I forgot to take my pills in the morning. I would recommend giving Apriso a try.

Related Reading: Asacol | Remicade

Comment from: yeaw, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 31

my insurance does not cover this medication, but I was given a 3 week sample supply of it, and by the END of week three, my symptoms had decreased by 80%!!!!!! Now I am taking Asacol and I am in SO much pain and I have ALL of my symptoms back.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 24

Further to my last review of June 7, 2011, I have had no flareups for 18 months now while taking Apriso daily. My doctor has instructed me to keep taking it and I will. The only side effect is occasional stiffness. I also take Align, a probiotic everyday. Using the two has worked well.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 10

I started taking this medication in January 2011 and it worked for me immediately - I felt 120% better than I had in years. No more cramping/pain. It is a miracle drug as far as I am concerned :) It is (unfortunately) very expensive.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 05

apriso has been a miricle drug for my UC I have been on so many meds. and nothing was working for me.I have been in remission for two years now

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 30

This is my third drug. The first one was OK until I stopped taking prednisone. The second one made me vomit. On this one I am no longer taking prednisone and so far have no side effects. Things are not back to normal but sure are better than they have been.

Comment from: KARONKENNEDY, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 10

WHEN I TAKE IT IN THE MORNING AFTERWARDS I FEEL BETTER

Comment from: Colitis -Ike, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 24

I have been taking Apriso for about six months and have not had any flareups. I was taking Entocort but my doctor had me switch to Apriso and am very satisfied. Apriso while expensive is about one third the price of Entocort. I read it is for use for up to 6 months but now I see many people have been taking it for much longer.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 27

has helped to control te symptons very effectively,

Comment from: sbleak, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 25

This medicine has saved me. It took about 3-4 weeks. I have been on it for over a year and can't imagine life without it. Recently had throat surgery and couldn't take it for a week. Man I suffered. Glad to be back on it. Downside: Pills are so big and it is so expensive.