Apriso User Reviews

Apriso - User Reviews

Apriso User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Apriso sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 17

A few days after I started taking this, my bowels were back to normal and I had no more bleeding or pain. Fantastic drug. It's like I never even went through all the pain from UC. The only thing I dislike is how large the pills are and taking 4 all at once every day, but it's completely worth it to feel normal again. If only it weren't so expensive without the $50 off coupon...

Comment from: Maggie, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 20

I ended up with sepage from rectum and severe lower abdominal pain.

Related Reading: abdominal pain

Comment from: Joe, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 02

Further to my last e-mail, I have now been on Apriso for two years (since July 4, 2010) and have not had a flareup. My doctor advises that I keep on taking it and said I could try reducing it to 3 tablets rather than 4 a day. I am sticking with 4 tablets. I also take the probiotic Align with the Apriso and the two have worked for me.

Comment from: graphixs1, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 29

glad to take the meds all at one time and not tied to a medication where i have to watch the clock all day

Comment from: linda, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 18

It makes my hair fall out, a huge amount of strands every morning.

Comment from: hopethishelps, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 16

Started taking apriso about two weeks ago since I still have mild inflammation in the colon, I have taken asacol for the last six years, initally the apriso seemed to work well but after the first few days have had more diarhea and discomfort in my stomach.

Comment from: mblong, Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 05

bouts of diarea and fatigue

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: moonbeam80, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 21

I was diagnosed with UC in my entire colon a couple of months ago at 7 months pregnant. Tried Lialda, but it gave me severe stomach pain. Switched to Apriso and it has worked wonders. It took about 3-4 weeks to get into remission. Not bad at all! The pills are a little hard to swallow because of size, but it's worth it to feel "normal" again!

Related Reading: Lialda

Comment from: Wayne, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 18

Husband has been on this drug off and on for about 3 yrs. It seems to be very effective to treat a flare of ulcerative colitis, but after he is on it for a while, he starts up with some weird symptoms with lower Hct and hemoglobin. Also has bleeding under the skin and bleeds easily under the skin if he hits his forearms. These symptoms subside when he quits taking it. This last time he has had bad headaches, fatigue, body aches and fever like symptoms. Got him to discontinue other meds to try and pin down what is causing these nasty cascade of symptoms. Only other med left is prozac 20mg, sooo. Believe it's time to cut back on the two of these- Be careful, Drs will keep adding more med for symptoms instead of looking at cutting back on meds to treat.

Related Reading: ulcerative colitis | fever | prozac

Comment from: NJMOM, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 19

I am thrilled that I do not have to run to the bathroom at random points of the day. I no longer eat lettuce or onion anything. Seems to have worked! I can say may hair seems to be greying not sure if Apriso is the reason.

Comment from: Amy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 25

Haven't been on any medication prior to starting Aprisio due to lack of insurance. Its only been 2 weeks/4pills a day and my diahhrea has increased tremendously-very watery,loose,expolsive, barely making it to the bathroom. The doctor recommended that I stop for a few days to hopefully give me some bowel rest and then I'm to restart the drug but at a lower dose (2 pills-daily) and see what happens. Not a big fan right now of this medication. I've lost a few pounds but it wasn't the way I had planned to lose them.