Apriso User Reviews

Apriso - User Reviews

Apriso User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Apriso sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: pamel, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 18

I started taking this medication a little over a week ago, I stopped taking as my symptoms seemed to become more severe, along with more blood loss, more stomach pain, adominal swelling, and a groggy, disoriented feeling. I have been off the med for 4 days now, and seem to be some better other than fatigue and nausea. I will not take this again.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

An active Crohn's episode subsided within only 2-3 days of starting this medication. The biggest benefit was in the subsidence of the severe cramping that preceded and succeeded bowel movements. Bleeding during bowel movements has also disappeared. Side effects have been minimal in the 3 weeks I have been taking this medicine. The most notable is a slight headache, which is worse when my energy level is down. A psoriasis outbreak started in the second week, and has not gone away. I will have to monitor this since, in my case, it can bring back a previous condition of acropustulosis. The use of anti-inflammatory medications tends to worsen my psoriasis. With regard to appetite, I suggest you take it slowly. My latest Crohn's episode was in it's fourth week. So, when I started being able to handle eating, I went a little overboard! In all, this has been a true blessing. I wish I would have known about it years ago. Not quite a miracle cure, but I do feel much better. I will continue to monitor my health and have a big concern over the potential for renal failure as a possible side-effect. Good luck!

Related Reading: headache | psoriasis

Comment from: BingHammy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 23

After switching to Apriso from Asacol because of Medicare not wanting to pay for a medication that has worked for 5+ years, I was skeptical. And rightly so. This medication has actually cuased an increase in BM's and cramping since I have transitioned to it. It has been over a month now and the medication does not work for my level of Crohns Disease. It may work for someone with extremely mild Ulcerative Colitis but even that is doubtful.