Aranesp User Reviews

Aranesp - User Reviews

Aranesp User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aranesp sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: emt winnie, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 05

My father has been taking this medical since March of this year and we have seen that his red blood count has come up a little. He feels a little better not as sleepy

Comment from: pas05, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 03

My Mom was on this medication for a little over a year for MDS. It worked first six months but in the last six to eight, it didn't have any effect on her Hgb count even tho they kept raising the doses. Shortly after a 500 dose she died within 3 days. Hard to say if the injection was the fault or not as Mom had other health problems also.

Comment from: kitkat25704@hotmail.com, on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 18

I get the injections once a month as I have CML. I stayed tired, lack of energy, and my red cells aren't going up. When I was given 3 pints of blood, I felt great, energetic, didn't feel tired after doing a single task. I didn't need to sit and rest after just doing dishes. With the injections given to me at my oncologists office, I find I am more tired each day, no strength, totally drained. If busy on one day, the next I end up sleeping most of the day. I feel the injection isn't helping me, and the fact that I was anemic prior to being put on chemo pills for my leukemia, that I have Conjestive heart failure and retaining of fluids, that it's not treating the anemia or making the red cells increase. Mine stay below normal on a constant basis.

Related Reading: leukemia | heart failure | anemia

Comment from: phidnme@mchsi.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 06

shots barely maintain red cell levels from one session to the next. using to defer transfusions as long as possible. currently (7) weeks since last trans.

Published: January 08

too many of the side effects. Mucle cramps and nausea.

Comment from: wugalter1@aol.com, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 22

I have my blood drawn every two weeks with a standing order. My doctor keeps me between 11 and 12 g/dl. Currently I am taking 40 mcl (?)every 16 to 28 days injections. After my blood is drawn it is reviewed at the doctor's office and if it falls below, like 11.1, I receive a telephone call to come in for the shot.

Comment from: MARIE, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 19

I HAD ONE SHOT OF THIS MED. AND I FEEL TERRIBLE I FEEL LIKE I HAVE HAD THE FLU FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS. SHOULD RETURN TO TAKING THE EPOGEM THAT I HAVE TAKEN FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS WITH OUT ANY PROBLEMS? THANK YOU, MARIE

Related Reading: FLU

Comment from: Amethyst, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 02

I have MDS. I take the injections every 2 weeks. The dosage is 200mcg. It elevates my blood count and I feel so much better for several days. I have more energy. I wish that I could monitor my blood count in the same way that a diabetic is able to do at home. I don't think I would be able to keep working if I did not have the Aranesp because I get so tired without it. I do have some aching in my bones for a day or two after each dose, but it is minor compared to the problem of fatigue.

Related Reading: Aranesp | fatigue

Comment from: cotton46124, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 28

no opinion yet

Comment from: destined, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 23

I actually just had my first shot a week ago and am supposed to have another in 2 weeks; however, I feel so doggone tired, I may look for something alternative and mention to my doctor I'd rather not take it again. My hemoglobin has pretty much been a consistent issue even before chemo, so I'm thinking it's probably because of recent surgery & radiation that it fell lower. I keep praying that God will give me strength! I wish the same for you all.