Aranesp User Reviews

Aranesp - User Reviews

Aranesp User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aranesp sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: grannyjan20@yahoo.com, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 07

weekly injections at the hemotology and oncology clinic to keep my red blood cell production up.

Comment from: Annandale MN, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 24

Shots given regularly at first, now intermittently. Feel out of it the first couple days following, but then better.

Comment from: ellie-kay, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 12

seem to have more energy

Comment from: hilger123, Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 17

Very effective,great feeling of well being lots of energy ,

Comment from: Ande, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 22

I feel so much better a few days after my shot. I can tell when i need one because I get very tired .

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 27

I have just received this shot Friday, & already hate it! I was good Friday, then on Saturday I woke up wit a massive migraine that I still have & it's now Sunday. I've taking migraine meds & nothing seems to work. I'm still very tired. I need to take this or since my iron is so low I would need a blood transfusion & I'm not doing that! This shot was my only choice. Luckily, I only need it every 2 weeks.

Related Reading: migraine

Comment from: wmlvng234, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 07

I think I feel a little better.

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 27

Three years bi-weekly injections have NOT improved WBC, RBC or hemoglobin. I intend to discontinue injections. Family physician says if I do not see improvement, discontine. Very expensive snake oil. Thank you. R. Smith

Comment from: hlnemore@aol.com, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 20

After 6 bi-weekly injections due to kidney problems, doctor canceled the injections and my red blood count has dropped 12 points during the next 2 weeks

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 27

just wondering if this drug will cause orange color in bowels

Comment from: mandj, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 13

Father (88 yrs old) has aplastic anemia. Has been on aranesp a few months now. Started at 60mcg...now up to 200mcg twice a month. Working well keeping up the red blood cell count. Before, he needed transfusion every six weeks... now it's already been almost 20 weeks since the last transfusion.

Comment from: leoneskie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 04

Is this stuff really made from killed e-coli virus and grown in Chinese hamster ovaries? Based on FDA warning and origin, this drug was refused by patient.

Comment from: Califcurley, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

Just had shot 3 of 4. so far so good.

Comment from: Ginger, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 14

New to this drug

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 24

unclealmale74 been using this drug for a couple of years now seems to be working ok. have the injection every week 200mcg.