Arava User Reviews

Arava - User Reviews

Arava User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Arava sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: ploeper, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 04

I am the poster child for this drug. I was on gold shots before and the RH broke thru. I was put on Arava after that. Since starting Arava, I have had no, pain, swelling, stiffness, soreness or anything. I am in a chemical remission & have been for several years.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 03

worked early after about a week but then ceased to have affect about week three. side effects were horrible, sore throat constantly,mouth ulcers four at a time, numbness in hands and arms, abdominal pain, heartburn fatigue breathlessness swelling of hands.

Related Reading: sore throat | abdominal pain | fatigue

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 20

I began taking this medication after Methotrexate stopped working for me. I got the full benefit of this drug after about 3 months on the drug.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 18

I was dx with RA as a teen 17 my Doctor back then just had me on Motrin 8oo Doctors now cant believe how that didnt harm my kidneys as an adult i am very afraid of meds and what they can do to your body i started arava one year ago then two months into it i had a bad cough that lasted 3 months so i stopped med the doctor didnt think it was the med i then was afraid to try anything but recently my RA had gotten worse I would wake up in screaming pain and couldnt move my left hand was giving out was curled up then I would have to work a 8 hour shift and take care of my family what a mom does so I then relized i cant take this pain I need to be able to move again and be able to work so I went back on the arava which is doing great now i still have a little pain but not enough to complain about I rather be able to move and be pain free now i can deal with the rest later I also work in the medical field so i am afraid of my immune system but this medication has helped me this time around I dont get nausea with it but i dont get a heavy appitite I have lost 5lbs in one month with this med I feel pretty good joint wise I wish one day their will be a cure but untill then I need to save what joints I have left I hope this helps some of you i am 34 years old now and plan to live a full life and pray pain free good luck to all of you!!!and also I noticed my blood pressure was high but when I was off med it was high just as well due to pain but I take diovan to keep that under control..

Related Reading: cough | diovan

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 17

Nothing else has worked for me. The prednisone stopped the pain, but caused numerous other problems. I have been on this for about 2 years with no problems.

Comment from: CP, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 21

I've been on it for a couple of years. I'm still not sold on that it works. I do know the side affects from coming off it is a killer.

Comment from: meemawat53, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 31

Oh my gosh. This med arava has helped me so much.a few months ago I had lost almost all the use of my left hand and arm.. some in my right but noe as much as left. Both knees had been inflamed and hurt all the time. I could hardly walk. After about a month of taking the med. the nausea went away, But I started taking it at bedtime, which helped. I slept through the nausea. The only problem I had was scalp itching, and my dr reduced dose. took care of the prob.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: mocha_deb, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 17

This has been the only drug with benefits for me that I have not became allergic to or the side affects far out weighed any benefit.I have been through the full regimen of other drugs in the last 5years and have been on this with success for the last two years.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 06

I have been on arava for 8 years. I had to take nexium because of nausea with it which helped. It did help my RA. I now have EXTREMELY high blood pressure and have had to stop... my immune system cannot handle the drug anymore and I am only 24. PLEASE BE CAREFUl....

Related Reading: nexium | high blood pressure

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options