Arava User Reviews

Arava - User Reviews

Arava User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Arava sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 19

I was diagnosed with RA, I'm 46 years old, male, hispanic My mother has severe RA since her mids 30. I used Arava for 3 months and the swelling of my hands and elbows stopped completely.

Comment from: Faith, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 09

It caused elevated liver enzymes, with most of the symptoms that accompany elevated enzymes. Only on it for about a month before developing problems. No real relief from pain during this brief time.

Published: October 26

At first, it seemed to be working, but after 2mos, the nausea began; and after 3 mos., n&v. Need to call my MD after reading your website article. Thanks

Comment from: ffnqwy, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 28

DRY COUGH THAT DOES NOT GO AWAY WITH SHORTNESS OF BREATH BUT JOINT PAIN GONE

Comment from: Henry, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 08

I have been taking Arava for 3 months. I can't really tell if it is working. I still have to take prednisone and pain meds. I am having difficulty with nausea every day.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 31

I could tell the differences within weeks after starting AVARA. I have been on it over 15 years & my RA is under control. Have had RA 33 yrs. I have more problems with neurpathy (burning nerves) now. It is a side effect of the rheumatoid. Diagnosed after 28 yrs of severe RA.

Comment from: Denise, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 29

All I can say is Arava is a miracle drug for me. I have been on the brand name drug Arava for over 7 years prior to taking numerous other drugs that just made me sick. I am on a low dose of 10mg. My insurance required me to use the generic version of Arava when one was developed a couple of years ago, and I was told it was the same drug so I took it. After being on the generic for a few weeks I developed severe migranes and felt nauseaed and pain. Basically, sick as a dog! I talked with my doctor again and told him and he said it is possible that the generic brand had a different binding ingredient and I went back on the brand name Arava (after a lengthy review with our insurance company) and felt fine after a few weeks. I read that some of the other reviews mentioned migraines and nausea and wonder if they also used the generic version. If so, try the brand name and see if it makes a difference to you too.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 25

I was diagnosed with RA 2 years ago. Started off taking methotrexate, plaquenil and a round of low dose prednisone. Did well until side affects of methtrexate became too much (mostly nausea). My rheumatologist put me on arava and I've been doing well. Pain (mostly hands, wrists, ankles & feet) is mild to moderate but definitely manageable. I feel confident that my doctor is managing my RA as aggressive and as safely as possible.

Comment from: plutoniumpete57, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 31

It took awhile for it to work,however when it did I noticed a marked differince in how often I had flares.It did not stop them all together.I still at any given time,have to increase my predisone levels and use pain medications.Overall,however,I know that without it,I would be suffering needlessly.

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options