Arimidex User Reviews

Arimidex - User Reviews

Arimidex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Arimidex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: LadyJane, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 13

First side effect,knee joint pain and weakness. Oncologist repeatedly insisted it was not related to Arimidex, so I went through knee injections (Synvisc)and lengthy Physical Therapy.Also had severe low back pain. Therapy in water finally helped ease both. When thumb joints got very painful I began getting cortisone injections. I stopped Arimidex at 3 1/2 yrs. Wish I had stopped sooner! I have just had my second thumb joint replacement this year. Both my breast surgeon and my hand surgeon believe that Arimidex may well have been responsible for my joint disintegration. What good is a "promise" that a drug will keep you safe from the reoccurance of cancer, if your quality of life is taken away?

Related Reading: Arimidex | Synvisc | breast

Comment from: D and C Cups, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 05

You do it because you are told it is good for you. All your joints ache, can't sleep, diarrhea, constipation, no memory, hot flashes, weight gain and not able to lose it. Can't get an insurance policy because you have to still take a medication as treatment, even though the medicine is supposedly preventing a recurrance. I quit and feel so much better. I'm living for quality not quantity now.

Related Reading: sleep | diarrhea | constipation

Comment from: jackie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 21

bad side affects trigger finger.pain and swelling in both wrist and hands, insomnia, fatigue.

Related Reading: trigger finger | insomnia | fatigue

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 03

I have been on Arimidex for three years now and I am very grateful the cancer has not recurred. I want to thank everyone for their comments. I have gained a lot of weight and when I asked my oncologist if Arimidex caused weight gain,he said "Not really" From the comments it seems I am not the only one. My last blood tests showed my glucose was above normal and my cholesterol too which I think is from the weight gain. Also I have osteopenia which is a side effect of Arimidex. Now I am on Boniva for that. I am grateful for the drug but will be happy to finish the 5 year treatment and I hope I am not ruining my health in other areas.

Related Reading: cancer | cholesterol | osteopenia

Comment from: mrs t., 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 19

I HAVE BEEN ON ARIMIDEX FOR 4 YEARS. I CAN NO LONGER HANDLE THE MANY SIDE EFFECTS OF THIS MED SO I HAVE STOPPED..ALTHOUGH I HAD EVERY INTENSION TO DO 5 YRS. DID A LOT OF RESEARCH, AND HAVE DONE MY BEST TO MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION THAT I CAN LIVE WITH. I FEEL AT PEACE WITH MY CHOICE.

Comment from: memastalker, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 07

Very dry mouth, very sore joints especially hips and lower back, sweat all the time with little to no exertion. Over all bone pain, diffuculty sleeping. The only good thing thus far is that I am still cancer free, 3 years after 6 chemo treatments (TAC) & 40 round of radiation.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: lisago, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 07

Have been on Arimidex about half a year, and have it all “ fatigue, joint aches and muscle weakness, swelling in hands (can barely get rings on and off), trigger finger, depression, hot flashes bad enough to disturb sleep, elevated triglycerides. I was in excellent health before this, and my breast cancer was most likely due to abnormal estrogen, i.e. taking the highest dose of hormone replacement for 8 years. Of course I discontinued the HRT. In my case, precautionary removal of the remaining small amount of natural estrogen in my system seems to me to be overkill. I've been told that the risk for me is pretty much reduced almost back to normal (10%) as a result of having gotten pristinely clean margins and the recommended course of radiation. Next step with oncologist “ discuss getting off this, and avoid trying an alternate. The alternates seem to be just as bad. The quality of my life is important.

Related Reading: depression | hot flashes

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.