Arimidex User Reviews

Arimidex - User Reviews

Arimidex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Arimidex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sher, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 13

After about two months of taking Arimidex, I started experiencing severe joint pain and weakness in my hands and arms and three of my fingertips in my right hand have gone numb. I have been off of the Arimidex for three months and most of the symptoms have gone away, except for the numbness in my fingers. I ended up having a carpel tunnel decompression surgery last week. My hand surgeon told me that he sees a lot of people that have had similar hand and joint problems from taking Arimidex. I'm so glad I stopped!

Comment from: Marcy, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 12

Since starting this medication I have experienced pain in every part of my body.Seems to be moving around. First, very bad lower back pain then changed to upper arms and shoulders. Have difficulty putting on a sweater or coat. Hot flashes have been ok recently -only 1 or 2 a day. Since September have been upping my dose of fish oil capsules (2 a day) and also using flaxseed oil on my oatmeal. This seems to have helped the pain somewhat. Also take Vitamin B6. As others have said have gained weight, have fatigue and don't always sleep too well. My cholesterol level also jumped 20 points in 2 months after taking Arimidex. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables so this should not happen. I don't want to take statins for this condition because it has caused muscle pain in the past and with all the aches and pains I have with Arimidex don't need more.

Related Reading: lower back pain | statins | muscle pain

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 29

Hoo boy, after reading all of the comments, I guess I'm lucky. Been on Arimidex for almost a year and I've actually LOST weight, no hair loss, some short term memory loss (formerly attributed to that second glass of wine), no dizziness, fatigue or sleeplessness. Four hundred hot flashes a day reduced to one or two with the help of Effexor (thank you, Drug Gods!), but I do experience frequent extreme pain at the base of both thumbs, Usually Aleve works for that. As others have said, this sure beats the alternative. I'm very lucky to have good insurance because this drug runs to about $11 per pill, for which the drug maker should be ashamed. Stay positive, girlfriends!

Related Reading: hair loss | dizziness | Effexor

Comment from: Pearl, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 20

Have been taking Arimidex for about 2 1/2 yrs. Joint pain and stiffness in AM has subsided somewhat after the first few months. I have tried to exercise, lift weights, hike, ski, Pilates regularly and would recommend it, because it helps with the stiffness and will help counteract the osteopenia side effect of the drug. Hot flashes, every 1-2 hours and often they wake me up at night. Yes, I have gained about 10 pounds and it does not want to go away! My main concern are the periods of depression and feelings of my self being gone.

Comment from: southerncindi, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 16

What choice do we really have? There are side effects that for whatever reason have not been made known I feel to Bone & Joint,Arthrithis,ect. Drs. or maybe we are still learning.Both of my thumbs now stick and I have knots in the fat part of the hand,hard like a rock.(termed Trigger finger)also on bottom of feet. My biggest scare is the breast that took radiation it hurst like it may fall off. If I stop taking the Arimidex the pain stops.Pain so bad no one can touch that breast. My liver enzemes were elevated so they went down with scope and found 2 strictures but couldn't go thur to small.We are still working on this.Need to mention my cholesteral is so high 285 but I cannot take a statin with these issues.The sweating and hot flashes and soar throat and weight gain are way down on the list,so if my liver can make it 2 more years and no cancer I guess this is an effective drug. Bottom line if you think you have a symtom thats new to you it is not in your head,I repeat it's not in your head.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: DrugFreeInAZ, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 26

Within a few weeks of taking Arimidex, I started having tremendous hot flashes, dizziness, short term memory loss, nausea, and my blood pressure (which had always been within normal range) soared to 169/96. I would cry in an instant over everything, or nothing. I tried to take this medicine twice, with the same results each time. I finally made the decision to stop taking it permanently. If I were to only have 3 good years of life remaining, it would beat having 5 -10 years while taking Arimidex. This drug is horrible!

Comment from: NS Granny, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 10

High blood pressure - never had before. Numbness in feet intensified. Weight gain. Increased swelling in left arm. Severe hip pain. Headaches. Depression

Related Reading: High blood pressure

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.