Arimidex User Reviews

Arimidex - User Reviews

Arimidex User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Arimidex sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: abrattincalif, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 19

I didn't sleep for a year, average 2 hrs a night. My sympathic nervous system never shut off. I am finally sleeping again, but I have body pain from the waist down. Muscle and joint aches bad in the legs with my feet getting numb. The doctor's don't know what to do about side effects and the drugs they give you just have other side effects. So, I am avoiding anything except asprin. Some days I am in tears the pain is so bad. I have been on arimidex for 2 years. I am not sure how much longer I can stay on it. I have no signs of a reoccurance and feel confident I won't. I'm not sure it's armindex, who knows.

Comment from: 8yzt68, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 19

I have almost completed five years on Arimidex and have had almost no side effects. I have had a few mild hot flashes & also some joint pain but no more than I had before from arthritis. I was 79 years old when first diagnosed with breast cancer & had a lumpectomy followed by radiation. So far (my fingers are crossed) I have had good reports from my oncologist. Perhaps some of the occasional lack of pep that I have been attributing to old age is due to the Arimidex, but I have continued active both physically & mentally and am grateful for the good health I've enjoyed for five years.

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: clearandhappy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 12

I am 60 years old and was diagonsed with Ductal Caraonma, had a lump removed and 10 lymphnodes my doctor recomended Amimidex and after reading some of these reviews I was not looking forwarding to taking it, but as it turns out I am on it 6 weeks and other than hot flashes which I had anyway and my joints ached anyway. I am doing great. My first MRI last week came out clear and I don't need to have another one for 6 months. I hope this helps someone who has to take this medication.

Comment from: Sharon, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 02

I have been on Arimidex for 5 months and have developed severe pain in my fingers - in the morning my fingers are so stiff I cannot make a fist. Have developed trigger finger in one thumb as well as carpal tunnel. I switched to Aromasin for a month with no change in the side effects. I plan o have a serious conversation with my Oncologist regarding going off this pill.

Related Reading: Aromasin

Comment from: oneill1, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 10

Arimidex over a 3 yr period turned me into an invalid. Joint pain everywhere and allergic reactions that sent me to ER four times.I could stand only 3 minutes when I finally stopped taking.Not worth your life.

Comment from: lorejim, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 29

I have been taking Arimidex for 2 1/2 years so i feel fine. Don't have any side affect. I have 2 i/2 years to go. This is my second go around with breast cancer. I hope this is the last time. I am over 65 and active arimidex hasn't slow me down. I hope it help's you the when it has me.

Comment from: Happy, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 22

I have been free of breast cancer for (3) three years, so this treatment seems to be working. I have had no side effects that I know of. I hope this is healpful.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 30

Used for almost 6 months after 3 and 1/2 unpleasant years on tamoxifen. This drug was worse,--constant pain, tingling and swelling in hands and feet, and joint aches, especially elbows and hips. Killed sexual response. My mood was all over the place. Arimidex made me feel 80 years old although I am a fit 54. The final straw was my hair falling out in clumps with every shampoo. Ridiculous, but I just didn't want to deal with that again after losing all my hair during chemo. Switched to Femara recently,--hair loss has stopped, but other side effects are no better.

Related Reading: sexual | Femara

Comment from: Laurie, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 17

Diagnosed with aggressive, rapid growing cancer; had chemo, wish I had radiation; was told chemo might not work with my cancer. Only on Arimidex less than a month. Starting to feel the joint pain, esp hands, muscle pain in legs quite bad. Yes, when I get up from a chair, I walk like I am 90. Want to share with others who are paying huge prices for Arimedex: Coscto charges $29.00 a month for 30 tablets, 1 mg. Yes, it is true. I cried happy tears when I found out. Walmart wanted $350 a month. If you don't have a Costco in your area, find one near you and ask if they will mail it; perhaps in 90 day supply. Or maybe a friend or relative lives near one and could mail it to you. You do not have to have a membership to get meds. Anyone can use their pharmacy for free. For all of you struggling with side effects: I have learned about an exciting new vaccine that is just in trial 1 that targets the cancer cells, kills them and has NO SIDE EFFECTS. I am going to find out where it is being offered. Don't give up. There is promising new treatment on the horizon. Have a positive attitude, stay active, and calm the mind; try meditation/ relaxation tapes. It really helps put me to sleep. I have placed my life in God's hands. It really helps my anxiety which is purposeless since it only stresses my body out. When I get down about the Arimidex side effects, I think of my mom and grandmother who did not have the good drugs and suffered a lot of pain. I try to think that by taking this medicine, I may be helping not only myself, but my grand-daughter and future generations who will learn from our taking this med. Hang in there, everyone.

Related Reading: anxiety

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.