Arixtra User Reviews

Arixtra - User Reviews

Arixtra User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Arixtra sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 07

I'm warfrin resistant so after 3 hosp. stays this is it. Some pain during/after injection, but nor horrible. Peace of mind has been huge. Now I know my condition is being treated and a relapse is unlikely.

Comment from: Talyn, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 26

I do not enjoy having to inject myself. Have been on Arixtra for 2+ years. Have tried other medications to prevent DVT, but additional clots developed, while on the medication.

Related Reading: Arixtra

Comment from: Rbbouch, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 17

With Arixtra I didn't have the horrible bruising and hard knots nearly as often as with Lovinox. I get a few painful sticks but nothing more than uncomfortable for a few seconds. I'm on Arixtra for life so I wanted something easy as well as effective.

Comment from: IPTWOG, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 04

have been on arixtra for over 1 and half year now was in hospital for pe and dvt on warfin and heprin both did not work but the arixtra is working will be on the rest of my life WITH GODS HELP AND THIS MEDICATION IT SAVED MY LIFE WITH

Comment from: snickers, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 04

I have two blood clotting disorders and am on arixtra for life. Had numerous DVT hospitalizations on warfarin. Now am treated effectively, no weekly labs, no more clots and no dietary concerns as with warfarin. Overall, VERY satisfied.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 12

I was put on fondaparinux because Warfarin made me cold, feel nauseous and (worst of all) my hair go very thin. (I only noticed Warfarin did this because I was temporarily put on low weight molecular heparin and felt much better). So far I feel OK on fondaparinux too. My hair is getting thicker again and I feel warmer. I sometimes feel nauseous still but maybe I just have a weak stomach? The main thing is - no blood clots and no visits to check my INR. My only issues are that the needle is thicker than with heparin so it's sometimes a bit hard to jab it in but so far I have had no bruising with it in comparison with the heparin. I also think it is terribly expensive (fortunately not an issue for me as I'm on the NHS in the UK but I still feel guilty about the cost to the hospital - and I suppose I do ultimately pay for it in National Insurance - compare 10p per dose on Warfarin and £32 a dose on Fondaparinux!)

Related Reading: heparin | blood clots

Comment from: Wayne, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 04

I have self-administered 24 of 28 shots with no side affects. Shots given in the stomach are very rarely felt. One negative comment; the video accompanying the starter kit shows giving the shot at an angle, but hospital and other written instructions say to inject at a perpendicular angle. I do the 90 deg. in the fatty stomach tissue - absolutely no problems.

Comment from: iptwog, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 24

have been on arixtra for 3 years now will be on the rest of my life for dvt.s this med saved my life

Comment from: teresafromnc, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 09

In 2002, I treated for portal vein thrombosis was placed on coumadin. During the 2 years I had reoccuring lung clots in upper and lower lobes. Lovenox and now Arixtra have been a miracle drug for me. No clots in 4 years. This will be a life time drug for me also. My condition today is fair with much fatigue. I also have Budd-Chiari syndrom which the Arixtra is helping with the inflow and outflow of liver. I am blessed to be given a longer life with my family..never take this for granted!

Related Reading: coumadin | Lovenox | fatigue

Comment from: Queenie, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 19

Have tried all blood thinners with no success. I was unsuccessful at becoming therapeutic on warfarin, and had horrible hematomas with lovinox. I like that you don't have to change ur lifestyle to fit around arixtra. And I have been very pleased with the guarantee of not having a dvt while being on this medication. This was not the case in both of the blood thinners before, I still had clots while on blood thinners previously. Overall, arixtra has less side effects and is working out great considering the alternative.