Arixtra User Reviews

Arixtra - User Reviews

Arixtra User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Arixtra sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: fioria, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 14

Extremely difficult to administer even for professionals. Poor consumer information. So new that pharmacists and doctors are not familiar with it. I can't find any long term clinical studies either.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 14

I don't want to minimize the benefits of Coumadin/Warfarin but it just does not work for me. I have been on it three times and the INR level was never achieved to the MD's satisfaction which happened again in the 72 hours after surgery. I asked for an alternative therapy and am very pleased that my surgeon prescribed Arixtra. I was a little uneasy about the self administration but I was fortunate to have a superb nurse at the hospital who took me through the process, watching me as I delivered my first dose. Basically, if you can remove a splinter yourself, sticking your tummy is a walk in the park. I am only on the med for 10 days as a precaution after revision surgery of a total knee replacement.

Comment from: izzied, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 13

My husband was on this 14 days post total-knee replacement. I didn't have any trouble giving the shots w/the self-retracting super thin needles. He didn't have any redness, itching nor bruising, which would've been very easy to see as he doesn't have any pigment in his skin. What may also have helped is that I didn't inject the last tiniest bit of moisture to make the needle retract. After the 1st time I noticed that it kind of slammed down & then bounce out, so I injected all the med, removed the needle & then "hit the bottom" to make it self-retract. He is VERY easily nauseated, & had no trouble on this drug.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: VFBak461, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 26

self-dosing needles convenient - retracted inside of cartridge to dispose. No pain at injection site when follow directions. No side effects and I am sensitive to many medicines. Glad to have health coverage at $70 per 2.5mg dose 1x day - covered at 80% after my high deductable is met.

Comment from: plattgail, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 17

I have read all of your reviews looking for side effects and negative comments about Arixtra. I have been on the injections for 10 months and have just been told I will be on them for life. I developed blood clots while on chemotherapy and radiation for cancer. My potassium levels are high and the Doctors think it may be a result of Fragmin, Lovinox - and now Arixtra. Has anyone else had that problem? What side effects can be expected with long term use?

Related Reading: Fragmin

Comment from: 45-54 Published: March 17

My father used Arixtra after knee replacement surgery and had horrible stomach problems(nausea,vomiting) and hallucinations and worst of all, suicidal thoughts! He couldn't take it after only 4 days.