Armour Thyroid User Reviews

Armour Thyroid - User Reviews

Armour Thyroid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Armour Thyroid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 15

I have all the classic hypothyroid symptoms (depressed, always cold, weight gain despite low calorie intake, constantly exhausted, dry skin) but blood levels were always "normal" so for a decade I was not treated. I started on Armour a few months ago and my blood levels are still in "normal" range, but boy do I feel 1000% better. I feel like I used to many years ago. Every day is now a pleasure where it used to be a burden.

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: geriler, on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 24

After a couple of lackluster years on Synthroid & Levoxyl, I asked my doc to let me try Armour. It has been a great match for me. I feel back to my old self......be aware that over time you may need to increase your dose of this or any thyroid medication, as the function of your thyroid declines.

Related Reading: Synthroid | Levoxyl

Comment from: beachbirdie, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 24

I was treated with a standard thyroxine-only (T4) replacement for several years after my thyroid function began to decline. I went to my doctor because I was having a lot of hypothyroid symptoms, yet my "Free T4" was quite normal. My doctor tested my "Free T3" and found it to be almost out of the lowest part of the range, meaning I was not converting T4 to T3 as I should. She suggested we try Armour thyroid. So as to transition easily, we gradually reduced thyroxine and increased the Armour. The result was stunning. My edema was no longer out of control, brain-fog disappeared, I could get out of bed in the morning without laying for an hour wishing for intravenous caffeine, my joint pains went away, my endurance for exercise returned, and more. I will NEVER give up my Armour. It may not be right for everyone, but it works for me. I do split my dose, taking half the Armour in the morning and half in the evening. I do not have sleep problems with that though some people do.

Related Reading: Armour thyroid | edema | sleep

Comment from: jdmc, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 11

I have complained about the same sx for years, constipation, tiredness, and inability to loose weight. Finally a Dr. dx me with hypothyroidism and one week after starting Armour I felt like a new person. 1 1/2 years later I continue to have extra energy, slowly & consistently loosing weight and wake up every morning feeling refreshed.

Related Reading: constipation | hypothyroidism

Published: October 24

Straight T4 meds never worked well for me, the dose was constantly changing (based on blood work). With Armour, my symptoms resolved and I have been on a stead dose for years now.

Comment from: tburns01, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 17

On levothyroxine, my quality of life was the worst. Physically- oxygen starved, tightness in chest, winded, lethargic, no stamina and alas, serious weight gain. Mentally- brain fog, compromised short term memory, etc. Emotionally- moody, cry at the drop of a hat. I was a mess. My bloodwork showed my TSH, Free T4 and T3 all in the normal range. Although my T3 was 92 in a 87-180 range. Very low. I had read great things about Armour and pleaded with my doc to prescribe it. Within 3 days of taking Armour, I already started seeing positive changes. I have been on it exactly 1 month and I feel fantastic!!! Better than I have in years. I am hiking, biking, running up and down stairs, etc. Brain fog has lifted and mentally I have returned to normal. Emotionally I am solid. I feel like a new person. I can't say enough good things about this drug. Life is beautiful again!!!

Comment from: thyroid mom, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 12

I have been without the gland for 8 long yrs. I have tried all the thyroid medicines a dr. can prescribe. I have been on Armour twice in my life and this is my second time around. So I thought of finding a dr that might be open minded and I have done so. Here is some advice to everyone. No one knows your body better than you, also your body is talking to you. Its important to listen or you will stay sick!!!!! Also find a dr that will listen and is open minded. You might have to be demanding with your dr. but hey its your life and health at stake. Also recommended is to get a saliva 4 part test to check your adrennal glands,and etc.. You might have more going on than that lil thyroid gland being wacked out. Best wishes to all, and good luck

Cancer