Armour Thyroid User Reviews

Armour Thyroid - User Reviews

Armour Thyroid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Armour Thyroid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 23

Have been taking Armour thyroid for over two years. Took synthetic T4 for two years without symptom relief. Upon starting Armour, persistent, disabling delayed gastric emptying abated. Had an extremely difficult time finding a doctor who would prescribe Armour thyroid. Even though synthetic T4 was not lessening my symptoms, they all insisted I continue taking it.

Comment from: Jennifer, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 05

I was on synthroid for many years with no improvement switched to the old good Armour Thyroid feel great!!! Stick with the older drugs they are less exoensive and work a whole lot better, the only reason doctors and pharmaceutical companies do not want you on them or switch you is for thei deeper pockets.. Oh by the way I left the USA for medical care in Qatar and it is free here socialized medicine free for all and it works great when the drs really care!!! Not if you have Blue Cross

Comment from: txthyroid, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 23

I spent twelve years on various doses of $ynthroid up to 300 mcg, before and after thyroid cancer, never really feeling well, never feeling rested no matter how long I slept. I had no idea that my muscle and joint pain were thyroid related. Ten days after adding a small amount of Armour to a reduced dose of $ynthroid, my joint pain was gone. Over the next few months, as we increased the Armour and reduced the levothyroxine, the muscle pain/cramps ceased as well. For the first time in many years, I now felt rested when getting up in the morning. Taking my second dose after 7 pm prevents night breathing problems (asthma/apnea?) that I had on $ynthroid alone. Armour keeps my TSH completely suppressed, and I have had no recurrence of the cancer. Contrary to the usual dosing practice, I take my Armour with food in two doses twelve hours apart. The effect is very smooth, much like being on a sustained released medication. I have found Armour to be of very consistent potency, as opposed to the $ynthroid which was like being on a rollercoaster. Along with my Armour, I also take a small dose of the Lannett levothyroxine (Unithroid) to get the exact amounts of T3 and T4 that I need. I have also found the Lannett to be of much more consistent potency than $ynthroid. It is unfortunate that so many doctors are unwilling to Rx Armour. Not only is it effective, it is also fairly cheap, even in brand name, and easy to find in most pharmacies. What is it that is more important to these docs than helping their patients?

Related Reading: thyroid cancer | muscle pain | asthma

Comment from: cookie, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 29

Used synthroid for years until it caused my hair to fall out. As soon as I found a doctor who would perscribe armour to me(not easy) it worked miraculously.My hair immediately stopped comming out and I felt better than ever. Doctors really push synthroid because of the dosing and endorsements they receive but armour is natural and by far better for me.

Comment from: research1st, 55-64 (Patient) Published: June 04

I have been on Armour for 10 yrs with great success. All of the symptoms of low thyroid are gone and I have adequate energy and maintain a normal weight. I researched the affect of Synthroid prior to taking a Thyroid med. and decided I will never take it. When a Dr. encourages it I encourage him/her with knowledge that Armour is the best. So far, my Drs give me the Armour or send me to an endrocronlogist for their opinion. So, I went to the endocronlogist and he told me Armour was a very good drug and highly recommended it. If in the future, a Dr. refuses to give me Armour than I have no alternative but find a Dr. that will prescribe it. I always encourage people to do their research 1st and then make their decision.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 26

I tried synthroid and levothyroxin for several years and while it normally kept my thyroid levels within normal range none of the symptoms associated with the disease were alleviated. As I continued to sleep ridiculous amounts, was consistently cold, and continued gainin weight in addition to various other symptoms I decided to try Armour after my mom had successful results with it and have been a huge advocate ever since as it is the first time in over a decade I have truly felt like a normal person again!

Comment from: Girleygirl, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 31

I had Thyroid Cancer in 1983 and had my Thyroid removed. I was on Synthyroid for 15 years with many side-effects. I switched to Armour and have felt normal for the last 5 years!

Comment from: Eve, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 24

Since taking this medication I have been feeling great. No fatigue, no aches, no chills.

Related Reading: fatigue