Armour Thyroid User Reviews

Armour Thyroid - User Reviews

Armour Thyroid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Armour Thyroid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: JSHouston, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 22

I love this medication, I was sleeping better, loosing weight, and in a better mood. My doctor swithched me to Synthirod because Amour Thyroid is so hard to find. I hate synthirod its causing mood swings, night sweats,weight gain and irratibility,,, I am down to getting my meds legally from canada.. anyone have ant better options

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: SDK, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 03

I tried Synthroid which did not make me feel good and compounded thyroid when Armour was unavailable and started feeling more and more sluggish again. When Armour became available again my doctor re-prescribed it and I felt fantastic within a week, lost a little weight, have more stamina and in general more well-being.

Comment from: Cindy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 28

I have been on and off of Armour over the last 3 years. Westhroid was difficult to find. I had to switch to compounded version when the supply of Armour was depleted and recently (3 months switched back to the new formula of Armour. I have had a conversion issue t4 to t3.I have experienced symptoms of taking too much thyroid as well as the debilitating symptoms of hypothyroidism since diagnosed in 1988. I did well taking 2 gr 60 mg am and 2 gr 60 mg pm of Armour with mild symptoms. Yet my doc lowered the dosage to 2 gr in the am and 1 gr in the pm. I started feeling symptoms within 3 day(severe joint pains, fatigue, foggy thinking, cold hands,low pulse,low energy level, bloating,dry skin and hair. BTW when going for thyroid lab testing, wait at least 6 hours after taking your meds to get a value of the thyroid drug in your blood stream as you go thru the day. Two weeks ago, doc changed my dosage to .5 gr 2 x daily based and added 5 mcg Cytomel (t3) twice a day. Note: tsh was low, ft3 within a slight low normal range,ft4 within optimal range, a rt3 was very high normal range. This resulted in severe joint pains, fatigue, foggy thinking, dry skin and hair and body temp upon waking 96.8 to 97.3, irregular heartbeat and pulse of 35-40 bpm. my symptoms got worse and gained 5 lbs on the scale, and am puffy inspite of eating extremely clean foods, no processed foods,gluten free work out with weights 3 days a week and perform at least 4.5 hours of forced indoor cardiovascular training only raising my body temp to 98.1 living in the extreme heat of a Texas summer. I just found the consumer complaints a couple of days ago. Apparently, I am not the only one having issues and plan to switch to another natural thyroid med or compounded. Very few are complaining likely due to feeling like crap…no energy to expend to investigate. Why they changed the formula is beyond logic except they found cheaper binding fillers to add to their product thus increasing their profit margin.

Related Reading: Cytomel