Aromasin User Reviews

Aromasin - User Reviews

Aromasin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aromasin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Lisa, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 04

I have tried Arimidex and switched over to Aromasin because I became so depressed.At first I tolerated it better but now the same symptoms are appearing.Depression, nausea, fatigue. I am 68 and wonder if I need to take anything to make me feel so lousy or am better off taking my chances. Anybody out there with similar experiences?

Related Reading: Arimidex | Aromasin | Depression

Comment from: Nancy-O, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

I am in my 1st 6 mos. of using Aromasin after 2 & 1/2 yrs on Tamoxafin. I am dealing with significant joint and bone pain (which is like a throbbing tooth ache, and am limited in physical activities because it hurts to move. I keep telling myself I can do it for the prescribed 2 & 1/2 yrs, but sometimes I have trouble feeling positive about the idea. I'm 64, and I really hope that when I'm done with all of this, I will still be "young" enough to feel good and begin enjoying an active lifestyle again.

Comment from: just say no, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 23

After 18 months on Aromasin. I have suffered memory loss, brain fog, painful joints knees. It is intolerable . I'd rather take my "chances" drug free than go on like this. I have quit for 2 weeks now feel 1000% better. These comments are very helpful.

Comment from: Eleanor, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: May 22

I was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer in 2000 - had a lumpectomy, chemo and radiation. Because I had 1 positive lymphnode my oncologist put me on tamoxofen for 5 yrs, then aromasin. It has been 10 yrs & they still have me on the aromasin. One the one hand, I'm afraid to stop for fear I will have a recurrence, but on the other hand, I have all the symptoms I am reading about from others on the drug: terrible trouble sleeping, extreme lethargy, such pain in my shoulders it wakes me when I turn over in the night, swollen joints in some of my toes so that I can't wear a lot of my shoes, brain in a fog and depression. I was beating myself up and thinking I must be crazy before I read these posts! Is the joint pain due to cartilege being destroyed by the drug? Why don't they tell you any of this when they prescribe the drug?! The last thing any bc survivor needs is to feel like she is imagining all these problems!!!

Related Reading: breast | cancer

Comment from: spanielmom, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 20

I was on Femara first for 6 months. I had so much joint pain, I thought I was 90 years old. Oncologist put me on Aromasin. Within 3 months I had the same joint pain. I started experimenting taking the drug every other day. Taking it this way allowed me to function with little to no joint pain. My Oncologist didn't like the idea, but after running some tests to determine that my hormone levels were where he wanted them, I have continued for 5 years taking it every other day. I have some numbness in my fingers especially on very hot humid days, or very cold days. I too have experienced the depression, but since taking a Super B-Complex vitamin and 4000 IU's of vitamin D every day, we seem to have gotten that under control. I've also experienced the hot flashes, but have managed to get them under control by limiting the amount of sugar in my diet. If I eat a bunch of sugary things like cake and cookies etc. I know to expect the hot flashes. If I eat healthy foods, I do not experience hot flashes. My struggle with this drug is a total lack of sexual desire. This has put a huge strain on my marriage.

Related Reading: Femara | hot flashes | sexual

Comment from: RuthDV, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 25

Diagnosed with stage 1 bilateral BC (estrogen receptor positive), April 2010 (Lobular AND ductal carcinoma.) Double Mastectomy, reconstruction, hysterectomy ... all last year. Onc. put me on Tamoxifen in June ... TERRIBLE side-effects including severe depression. Tried Femara in the fall, but same side-effects. Switched to Aromasin in Dec., so am going on my 3rd month now. Side effects have been milder until now, but I am starting to have terrible problems with hand/finger numbness. Joint pain isn't as severe as with other drugs, but is still bad enough, so I wonder if I can take this for 5 years. Weight-gain and hot-flashes are terrible too, and I suddenly developed heel-bone-spurs shortly after starting all this medication ... my feet still hurt so badly, I can't walk without pain, so naturally, I have gained a lot of weight. But my biggest question is: Will the damage done to my joints due to this medication be permanent, even after the 5 years are over with? If so, I can't afford that risk. I'm a fine artist, and fear the total loss of feeling in my hands someday, as well as finger joints that no longer function! There was NO CANCER in my lymph-nodes and my tumors were small ... so why do I even need this? My Mom is a 19-yr. BC survivor now (stage 1, single mastectomy), and never had ANY of this medication! (Also ... how do you respond to others' comments on here, and can other people respond to my comment?? I can't figure out how to do that ... so I question whether or not there is even a way to get answers from others.) I really am trying to hang in there ... but I'm only 50, and feel 90. My frequent comment to others is "they take the cancer out of you ... and remove body parts ... and then they try to KILL you with the medication!" I'm usually a very positive, happy person ... but this is ruining my life, and my outlook.

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.