Aromasin User Reviews

Aromasin - User Reviews

Aromasin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aromasin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sunny2, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 25

I have been on this medication about 6 months and I hate it. My joints ache constantly and I'm having a hard time sleeping. It is also very expensive. My Dr. wants me to get exercise most days and maintain my weight which I am trying to do. I will keep taking it because I don't want to lose my cancer battle but the side effects are very hard.

Comment from: Janice, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 10

on Arimdex and Aromasin had joint pain,fatigue,weight gain, hair loss plus more. talked to my Dr not the oncologist. told him if felt the quality of life was more important to me than quantity. He said the meds do not cure or keep the cancer from returning if you are going to get a re-occurance it only slows the progress of it. I have quit taking the meds and I feel so much better and decided if the cancer returns I will deal with it then but for now I am feeling great, the pain and fatigue, etc has gone away so am very pleased. I decided feeling good and enjoying my family now is worth the chance. The Dr agreed with me.

Related Reading: fatigue | hair loss

Comment from: cindhos, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 10

I have experienced numbness in my hands and feet, which my oncology office said was not a side effect of this med, now I learn from this website that it is. I also have very stiff joints and swelling in my legs and hands, pain in my wrists, and all around low energy.

Comment from: bloominlovelylady, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 12

I had breast cancer in January 2009 and had a lumpectomy in June 2009. I have been on Aromasin for14 months and have been told i have to take it for 5 years in total,I have constant pain in my joints and the thought of taking it for the required time horrifies me. Hoping that when i see the Doctor she will change the medication. My resricted movement is spoiling my life.

Comment from: Sheila, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 27

I have been on this treament for 6 months now. I was taking Tomoxifen for 2 years prior with hardly any side affects. Since taking Aromasin i now feel like 92 instead of 52. My legs, arms and neck hurt so much now,i'm finding it so difficult with the joint pain even to get out of a chair or the car. My next visit to the breast nurse is in June and i am going to ask to come off these tablets. Good luck to you all.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 24

This has cause a lot of pain. I have gain a lot of weight, my good arm went numb, my feet feel like I'm walking on hot nails. my face swells, and so dose my feet.

Comment from: Mimi, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 18

Was dxd with stage one breast cancer in May of 2007 at the age of 56. At first I was on Arimidex. Joint pain, hot flashes, night sweats made my life miserable. I did not take anything for 3 weeks(life was wonderful) then was put on Aromasin. I have been on this drug since July of 2008. At first the joint pain was bad, but has seemed to level off somewhat the last few months. I try to walk every day or every other day and keep busy. I would love to be able to wear my rings again and be able to walk normal after sitting for a while. Also the night sweats are annoying. All in all not a good experience taking these drugs, but they do seem to be working so far. Stick with it if you can!!

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: Margo, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 30

I took Arimidex for 26 months and had terrible side effects;joint, muscle pain, fatigue,weight gain. I switched to Aromasin and have been on it 3 1/2 months. At first it seemed much better but I have ended up in the ER twice with severe anxiety attacks. Left arm goes numb or tingly, no strength in legs, loss of memory, thinning hair and weight loss. I don't know if I will continue or quit - I meet with my oncologist in January for my 3 year review. I am 69 years old and I think I would rather have my happy, productive life back even if it's shorter.

Related Reading: muscle pain | anxiety

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 09

After 2 1/2 years on Tamoxifen, I have been on Aromasin for 3 years with plans to stay on a full five. I have a definite weight gain but after the misery of hot flashes, etc. with Tamoxifen, this is great. I too have fatigue at times and some joint discomfort, but I am alive to feel it and that is the bottom line for me.

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.