Aromasin User Reviews

Aromasin - User Reviews

Aromasin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Aromasin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 19

I was diagnosed with breast cancer at 33. I was also pregnant. After chemo, I was placed on Tamoxifen. After one year of Tamoxifen I still had no side effects. With no menopausal side effects my doctor felt that it may not be working for me so he suggested I have my ovaries removed. I have now been on Aromasin for about 2 months. I do not seem to have any side effects from it. I have some hot flashes but they are very mild. I hope that things continue this well.

Comment from: Bonnie A. , 65-74 (Patient) Published: January 20

I think I may have IBS, because when I took formerally the Arimidex and then the Aromasin I took it for about 3 weeks then I started getting all these hot flashes,diarrea,(bloody the last time), and bad sinus congestions, and since being off the pill for just one week I am feeling very much better. I just don`t want to feel like that, because it is really hard for me. I am due back at my oncologist dr. in early Feb. for more blood work so I will see what he says for me then. I am staying off till I see him. I did have to have Chemo, just 6 weeks of radiation, alongwith the breast surgery, there wasnt any cancer in the lymps, or tumors anywhere. But I just cant take these anticancer pills, the side affects are dreadfull for me. Thanks for listening. Bonnie

Comment from: Marti, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 05

First diagnosed w/breast cancer in 1997. Lumpectomies, chemo and radiation. Twelve years later...it's back. In 2009 double mastectomy w/tram flap reconstruction. On Femara for one year, terrible muscle and joint pain. Switched to Aromasin and after 6 months have severe knee pain, at times I can't walk. Terrible hot flashes and sweating also a problem, now I realize the "brain fog" is a possible side effect! I stopped taking it yesterday and the knee pain is already better. I will see my oncologist in a month, I truly think I want to go the all natural way. No more drugs....I want to feel good and enjoy life at 55.

Related Reading: knee pain

Comment from: Forgetful, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 25

I had lumpectomy with chemo and radiation 6 years ago. Took Tamoxifen for 2 years, and Aromasin for the past 4 years. Have experienced stiff joints, weak wrists, hand swelling, lethargy, depression, vision blurryness and most troubling--memory loss and general "brain fog". It has affected my ability to do my job, and my family quit expecting me to remember anything a long time ago! I've thought all this time that it was a side effect of the chemo, but now I know there is hope that I can feel better after reading all these comments. Wish I had found this web site sooner. Saw my Oncologist yesterday, and plan to stop Aromasin right away. I don't see the value of living longer, if I'm in a fog for the rest of my life. Thanks for your comments!

Comment from: dsmith, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 26

Has it worked? Yes, no recurrance; is it easy to use? Yes, one little pill a day; overall satisfaction? dissapointing. I am at the end of the 5 yr therapy, and have endured pain and fatigue the entire time. The past 6 months have revealed now that I have some severe short-term memory loss (to the point of forgetting that my daughter-in-law was pregnant!), confusion, and I've been wondering if the Effexor is even working. Will see a neurologist to see if progression can be stopped. Congrats to all the survivors out there, and thanks for sharing - I wasn't aware of the many serious side effects and literally thought I might be going crazy. My oncologist has taken me off it immediately, since in my case, the side effects DON'T outweigh the risks!

Related Reading: Effexor

Comment from: patti0225r@aol.com, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 27

I had terrible symptoms with tamoxafin and was put on aromasin as soon as we knew menapause was done. The body aches, joint pain are less severe but my bone density has decreased 9% in the last 2yrs. Fatigue and depression are my big complaints. My Dr. put me on effexor which has helped tremendously with depression and also hot flashes and nite sweats.

Comment from: Keirra, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 26

I was 61 y.o. when diagnosed 8/18/09 with breast cancer. Had lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy (nodes neg. for cancer)followed by 31 rx's w/radiation. Took Femara for 6 hellish months, told my Oncologist that it was sucking out the quality of my life; and she had me come off it for about 5 wks to clear it out of my system. I was given the choice of not taking anything (which I thought was a huge risk) or filling the prescription she gave me for Aromasin, which I eventually did. During the time i took no drugs, I did feel much improved; but it may have been more psychological, rather than physical. Now after being on Aromasin for 2 months, all the familiar symptoms have returned, including swollen joint in my R.big toe which my GP diagnosed as Gout...NOT! When the bloodwork results came in my uric acid level was well w/in normal range. After 2 1/2 wks. all the imflammation and swelling went away and I can walk normal again. I'm not sure what to do from here, I hate that the drugs seem to hasten the aging process, along with all the other symptoms many of you have already mentioned; but I am not considering going down that surgery/radiation road again and want to do all I can to prevent cancer reoccuring. BTW, I have found 5-HTP helpful in holding off depression. It is a natural mood elevator that boosts seratonin levels and can be found in most healthfood stores. I am also on a good vit/min regimen that does much to strengthen my immune system. There really is much one can do beside relying heavily on just the prescribed drugs.

Related Reading: Gout

Breast Cancer

Find support and advances in treatment.