Artane User Reviews

Artane - User Reviews

Artane User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Artane sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Lucky, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: September 14

I was having to get Botox injections in my neck muscle every three months for cervical dystonia and after I started the Artane and had been on it for approx 5 months, I was able to discontinue the Botox injections. It does affect my short term memory somewhat but that is better than constant pain in my neck and my head being pulled to one side (very embarrassing)

Related Reading: Botox | dystonia | Artane

Comment from: Bird, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 24

It was horrible! I lost weight and the Dystonia was worse you must be very careful with this medicine. I have spasmodic torticollis.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 15

I have benign essential blepharospasm and cervical dystonia. I was nearly blind from the severe spasms. I began taking artane about 8 years ago and it made all the difference in the world for my ability to see. The spasms better controlled and as a result I was able to go back to work. I also had much more energy to do things. The drawbacks from the medication were the dry mouth and constipation and surprisingly muscle stiffness. I also have problems with my short term memory. My tolerance level was also much lower than the recommended dose.Despite the negative effects, I still found that it was worth taking because it allowed me to function better than anything else I had tried. I would recommend the medication to anyone with dystonia who has a problem with either antro or retrocolis or benign essential blepharospasm. It really made a difference to me.

Related Reading: dry mouth | constipation

Comment from: none, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: August 08

Artane is an obsolete medication that was used extensivly in the 1970's & 80's to control the extra parymital side effects of neuoleptics such as navane & melaril.It is shorter acting than cogentin, which was also used. Dosage 2-10mg/Q day. It gets you high as a kite. The first hour seems great.Then you start wondering "When is this going to be over?"It effects your short term memory greatly,though it gradually returns. Artane is so old that is not generally listed as Artane but by it' generic name Trihexyphenidyl. It is available cheaply from India.

Related Reading: navane | cogentin

Comment from: MGwilliam, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 06

I suffer from Dystonia. After trying several treatment options over 2yrs, Artane has been the most successful at eleminating the muscle spasms and relaxing things. The side effects for me include mild depression, drossiness, constipation, memory loss, however the benefits do outweigh the side effects. I keep fighting!!

Related Reading: muscle spasms | depression

Comment from: 7-12 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 04

Has anyone had harmful thoughts about yourself or others or other things since taking this medicine?

Comment from: hemi facial spasm, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 24

very nervuos cant sleep

Comment from: Ann Burgess, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

Does this drug(Artane), used to treat essential tremor?

Comment from: jdc, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 06

i have trouble reaching orgasim

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.