Arthrotec User Reviews

Arthrotec - User Reviews

Arthrotec User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Arthrotec sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Kathyz, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 25

I have only been on this medication for three days but have NEVER been able to take NSAIDS because of chronic gastritis. This medicine has relieved my pain in my knees and my neck and has not upset my stomach at all so far. Hope it continues to work this well.

Related Reading: NSAIDS | gastritis

Comment from: kathier, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 11

I have osteoarthritis in my knee. I was not at high risk of developing ulcers but this medication worked immediately to relieve my pain. I had tried other drugs like celebrex but they did not relieve my pain. I was on 2 pills a day at one point but now take only 1 50 mg pill a day.

Related Reading: osteoarthritis | celebrex

Comment from: John0754, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 16

I've been on NSAIDS for 38 years, have had bleeding ulcers off and on with them all. Have taken stomach meds to offset the NSAIDs with success. Went on Arthrotec for 2 weeks, has really helped the overall joint and back pain however the bloating, lower abdominal cramps, loose stools and pain in the kidney region are becomeing intolerable. Going back to my MD to see what we can try next. I can't stand the cramps and lower back pain.

Related Reading: Arthrotec | lower back pain

Comment from: buddymary6@sbcglobal.net, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 03

I have osteoarthritis of both knees. I recently (7 weeks ago) had total knee replacement on my right knee. My left knee was causing me a great deal of pain (I assume compensating for the recovery of the right knee) and was getting to be intolerable. I have only been taking it for a little over a week and the pain is greatly diminished. I have taken may arthritis-type medications, even Vioxx and never had the relief I have from this.

Related Reading: arthritis | Vioxx

Comment from: Tina, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 29

All my joints ache. Since I started taking this 3 yrs ago, I have been able to do more and stand the cold months. It takes away 90% of my pain. I can tell a big difference when I forget to take it. Only problem is now is I have a sore stomach from this and other meds I have to take and have been told to come off it. Personally, I'd rather have the sore stomach than the pain I have without it.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 10

Allows me to maintain a fairly normal existence while waiting for a knee replacement. Works quickly and effectively

Comment from: letesq, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 30

I had immediate relief after the first two days. My knee has no pain or discomfort. Only negative reaction was stomach pain and severe bloating and gas with every dose and every meal. Not sure if this is from the medication.

Comment from: qhmamma, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 13

Dr. took me off Naproxen & started me on Arthrotec. Relieves inflamation better, but not as good for pain so I have to take Tylenol. Relieves about 90% of pain & stiffnes, so at least I now get more sleep at night. Have to take Nexium for stomach but this is risk with ALL NSAID's.

Related Reading: Tylenol | sleep | Nexium

Comment from: rowdy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 12

drug worked fantastic. I would take it in the am and by the time i got to work I felt great. No back ankle knee or finger pain and stiffness. BUT after taking it 8 days in a row I went into anophylactic shock and almost died in the hospital. Be careful, very careful

Related Reading: shock

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options