Arthrotec User Reviews

Arthrotec - User Reviews

Arthrotec User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Arthrotec sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Rosie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 08

The only medicine that has helped my arthritis. No side effects.

Comment from: peg, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 30

I have been on Arthrotec for 16 months. I started with one pill per day. It took the edge off but I was still feeling discomfort. My dosage was increased to 2 pills per day. I have recently started to see a Pain Mgt. physician. My dosage has been increased to 3 a day. While it does not relieve all the pain, I am able to do limited activities. I have Barretts esophagus due to reflux and Arthrotec has not caused any problems if I eat before I take the medication.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 06

I had stomach cramps for 4-5 hours after each dose (2 daily). At least once weekly I had severe diarrhea. After two months, I changed medications. I do not recommend this because of the side effects.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: Kathy, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 16

Seems to work well. I make sure I take it with food always, feel relief within an hour. I only use it occasionally though, due to the side effects.

Comment from: lvnvtata, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 22

When all other arthritis meds caused severe gastric symptoms this is the only med that relieved the pain with no upset stomach. When I forget to take it I can really feel the pain. One caveat, my Dr. says it can cause high blood pressure.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: Arthrotec 50, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 04

It has been very effective since my doctor also put me on Nexium 40mg. No sore stomach since stating the Nexium.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 03

This medication caused liver damage for me. I only took it for 2 months and it was found on routine lab work. Took about a year for my liver to come back normal on labs.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 05

I take this for my arthritis. I have been taking it for 5 years. I have no side effects. One tablet decreases my arthritis for 24 - 36 hours. I wonder why it isn't prescribed more,

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 18

I'm a 26 year old male with two bad knees due to obesity all my life. I've had stiffness, pain, and an unstable right knee for years now. Nothing has worked until now. Within my first two doses, I was walking without my limp and going up the stairs in my home normal, rather than slowly going one step at a time like before. I get an upset stomach here and there but that's a fair trade for mobility that I haven't had for 10 years. I love it.

Related Reading: obesity

Comment from: Maxm13 , 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 29

I have found relieve with only one pill a day from the first day I started taking Arthrotec. Nothing else has ever helped me.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 12

i was given this med while undergoing injections for my knee, seems to work well, but does give me a knotted feeling in my stomache for a few hours, but passes. not sure if i will continue after the injections are completed.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 23

I suffered with arthritis in my legs for quite some time until my doctor suggested I try Arthrotec. I have used it off and on again for the last 5 years. I am satisfied with the results.

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options