Asmanex Twisthaler User Reviews

Asmanex Twisthaler - User Reviews

Asmanex Twisthaler User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Asmanex Twisthaler sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sconnie, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 08

Prior to being prescribed the Asmanex twisthaler, I was using my rescue inhaler much more than prescribed...before bed, during the night, in the morning, etc. Since I began using Asmanex (almost 3 weeks ago), I have yet to have to use my rescue inhaler and I sleep through the whole night without issue. The only problem I have had with this product is that when you first use it, even with the directions they provide, its hard to figure out if you are using the product correctly. It would have been a lot easier had either the doctor or pharmacist given me a quick primer on how to properly use this product. With all of the new dry powder inhalers making there way onto the market, each with their own device for delivering the drug, better steps should be made to show the patients the correct way to use each one. Other than this issue, I am completely happy with Asmanex.

Related Reading: Asmanex | sleep

Comment from: mandyacb, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 09

This medicine works great whem my asthma is really bad and nothing else works. I've been on it off and on for the past year. However, the downside to it working great for the asthma is it makes me very angry and irritable, like major PMS to the extreme, and it makes me gain weight like mad too. I was on it for 2 weeks the very last time I used it and I gained 28 lbs in 14 days. I've tried other steriod inhalers for my asthma, and none work as well as this one does for the asthma. I'm hoping to find one that works for my asthma without the side effects, but so far this is all my doctor and I have been able to find that works for the asthma. It's a difficult choice to make...be unable to breathe and have no mood probs or weight gain, or be able to breathe but be a bear to be around and have my weight balloon up way high. I am normally a very calm person, but with this I feel out of control under the surface. The anger is controlable with constant prayer. I seriously would not be able to control the anger without God and prayer.

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: tish, 7-12 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 07

My 7 year old son started this medication for cough variant asthma. Within 2 weeks, he began having trouble in school. He has been physically aggressive with other kids, and depressed while at home. This is totally out of the norm for him, and his teacher called me in to ask if there was something going on at home because there is a night and day change in his behavior. I have discontinued this medication. It did help his asthma, and was easy to use, but not worth the behavioral issues.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: jr, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 28

I have noticed weight gain while taking Asamanex, anyone else experience this?

Comment from: sunflower, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 21

I was on advair, but had to stop due to the anxiety it was causing. Asmanex is not as good and I am now wondering if it is causing hair loss. Anyone else have this problem? Also, I always have a yeast infection on my tongue eventhough I rinse thoroughly.

Related Reading: anxiety | hair loss | yeast infection

Comment from: Kitty , 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 28

Makes my mouth and throat very dry. Makes me cough all the time. Makes my chest feel tight.

Comment from: kjg7a@aol, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 20

Has helped my athsma symptoms, however I was wondering if anyone else has experienced weight gain and hair loss?

Comment from: Joe, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 19

I used this medication for about one (1) one month. Although it worked pretty good on my asthma, I started having stomach problems (bloating & gas). I went off this drug, but my stomach problems continued for several months. Has anyone had stomach problems while on Asmanex? I'm thinking about trying it again. It did work well with my asthma!