Asmanex Twisthaler User Reviews

Asmanex Twisthaler - User Reviews

Asmanex Twisthaler User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Asmanex Twisthaler sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: palenakal, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 23

I had problems with ease of use. It was hard for me to twist and pull cap off of the medication AND receive the medication in a timely manner.

Comment from: JB, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 12

The drug worked well at first, then after about 2 months I began with dry mouth and throat and continuous coughing. Stopped the drug and all symptoms decreased.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

After using daily my inhaler I started using asmanex. I noticed I reduced drastically the use of the inhaler but I noticed that in one month I gained 6lbs and was suffering of sinus congestion and headaches.

Comment from: Southie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

I previously used FloVent 110 mg 2 puffs X 2 and constantly got oral yeast infections. I have been on Asmanes 220mg for @ 3 months and just discovered I have another oral yeast infection. Has anyone else had this problem, it is very aggravating to say the least.

Related Reading: FloVent

Comment from: Joanna, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 13

Twist cap can be tricky to use at first. Has helped with coughing & wheezing. Very expensive drug.

Comment from: thedude, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 14

When taking my first dose, I wasn't sure if I had even gotten anything. My Dr. had said it may feel like nothing happened -- but it did. After 2 weeks I began to develop bad headaches. I was constantly consuming Tylenol, Motrin, Excedrin, etc. I stopped taking Asmanex, and my asthma is back in the dumps. I would take that over the headaches though. I rinsed my mouth/gargled as instructed but also developed dry/sore throat.

Related Reading: Tylenol | sore throat

Comment from: frogfrog, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 04

after using this i open one up to see how it worked and found that most if not all of the powder was still in the inhaler. i used two more and after the last dose i open them up and found the same thing.

Comment from: NowWhat?, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 20

Was put on Asmanex after Advair was giving me side effects... Only on this for about a week and took myself off of it again... getting sore lungs, leg/joint pains,Chest pains and indigestion feeling, nausea and same if not worse breathing problems??? Back to the drawingboard!!! Pulomary doctor passed me over to the nurse practitioner...

Related Reading: indigestion

Comment from: Bob N, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 08

ear problems rash, problems slight sore throat mood swings ,bone ake dizziness

Related Reading: rash | dizziness

Comment from: kaylorma, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

I am using 220mcg twice a day. It took about 4 days before I could feel the drug working. It does help with my breathing/wheezing, but I do have one side effect that drives me up a wall. Itching....no hives, just burning itching. I feel I will probably quit taking it or reduce to one a day to get relief. Is this a normal reaction? Do others have it? I am also on albuterol and nebulizer with albuterol and atrovent.

Related Reading: Itching | hives