Astelin User Reviews

Astelin - User Reviews

Astelin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Astelin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: RN, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 03

IT HS GIVEN ME S/S OF RHEUMATOID ARTRITIS, MYALGIA,WEIGHT GAIN THAT CLEARED UP WHEN I STOPPED TAKING IT.

Comment from: qut356, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 25

I've tried many allergy medications that made me drowsy or didn't work. This medication works great for my allergies. Since the first day I tried it, all my allergy symptoms were cleared up. The taste of the spray is gross, but it only lasts a few minutes. It didn't cause the drowsy effect of some antihistamines.

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: RG, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 10

This product has done wonders for me. Now, it does make me drowsy and I only use it at night before I go to bed. But I have been able to sleep throughout the night with out waking up with a stuffy nose. It's fast and effective. I have found that when I spray it in my nose and lean over to let the med to into my nasal cavity, I don't get the drainage into my throat.

Comment from: none, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 01

I have been using this medication (after trying everything thing else i the market)and for the first rime in years I can breath normally. I have suffered from a "stuffy" nose causing severe lack of sleep evn inducing sleep apnea. Do not know yet about long term use...so far I am in awe

Related Reading: sleep apnea

Comment from: Nebenhoellenentzundung, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 06

I found this worked very well for my allergies, but I noticed that my joints became stiff and sore when I used it. I was in such pain for going up and down the stairs, sitting or any movement, I had to discontinue use.

Comment from: cab5015, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 20

If you are experiencing a bad taste after using this, you need to read the directions for use. It did clear my nose. unfortunately, it makes me extremely sleepy and I have very lurid, weird dreams and trouble waking for work.

Comment from: alway stuffy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 02

Lots of nasal allergies all year long all my life. Tried all sorts of pills, potions, sprays...both otc and scrip...This is the first thing that ever worked. Headaches at first, dry mouth, very bitter taste but for me being able to sleep and waking up in the morning able to breathe through my nose is so worth it.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: sunshine247, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 07

I have suffered with allergies for many years and have used many nasal sprays. I've been using Astelin for almost two years and I'm very please with the results. After applying Astelin, I get immediate results.

Related Reading: Astelin

Comment from: mchenry, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 05

My doctor has been pushing this drug at me for a long time now in the form of samples. I finally tried it and it made me nauseated from the taste. I also experienced chest tightness, probably bronchospasms! Scared the dickens out of me since I am probably allergic to the ingredients. Beware and use this spray with caution!

Published: December 18

I have used this drug for almost 4 years now. It has helped me tremendously. I was getting sick with sinus infections it seemed like every couple of months. But using Astelin, along with replacing some carpeting in my home with wood floors, has helped me significantly. I think I've only had one sinus infection in the last year. Great product!

Related Reading: sinus infection