Astelin User Reviews

Astelin - User Reviews

Astelin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Astelin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 09

I use this with my nasal steroid for my congestion, especially during the winter months and for sinusitis. Clears the nasal passages very effectively. The key to this is the administration, if not done properly, one will get a taste from the medication dripping down in the back of your throat so read the administration "how tos" thoroughly before spraying. It helps.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 08

I have terrible, terrible allergies. I have been on everything, but Astelin really is effective. I'm fairly apprehensive to continue using for the rest of my life though, because I hate squirting something into my nose everyday. Not sure how long I will stay on it, but truthfully this has catapulted my quality of life. It is absolutely the best medicine for treating both indoor, and outdoor allergies. My primary triggers are pollen, grass, cat hair, and dust. This helps me deal with these relatively easy. The after taste is very bad. It almost always drips into the back of my throat, and taste terrible. But it is worth the help it gives me.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 02

It wasn't any better than the tablet Clarinex I was taken but definitely easy & quick. The side effect was that it made my heart race and I felt my BP rise. I am a doctor and pt.

Related Reading: Clarinex

Comment from: Darlene, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 23

Swelling at vocal cords limited my talking due to cough. Nothing helped until I took this. Important to spray toward the ear on the same side as nostil. Spraying straight in causes it to go into throat and taste badly.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 27

I was dissapointed at first, cause the relief was not immediate, but now i see why its popular. taken regularly, it has decreased sneezing, and itchy-watery eyes almost completely. it makes me just a little tired, so i take it at night.

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 09

This was just ok...The price is crazy high even with a $10. rebate the co. offer. Astelin gives temporary immediate relief, also causes nose bleeds on occassion & has a very bitter taste causing nausea. I am only using it on occassion for my flu symptoms and allergies combined. I hope to find something as good and lower priced. It is difficult to have it enter my nose in spray form as opposed to the stronger flow. Will try more natural types of nasal sprays from Whole Foods, etc.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 03

I am a long time allergy suffer. I have tried many nasel sprays. This is by far the best I've used to date.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 21

It kept my son from contracting pneumonia due to inflammation of his bronchial tubes.

Related Reading: pneumonia

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 18

It has a very bitter after taste which can cause gagging. It also spoils the taste of food for 4 or5 hours.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

felt swelling in the joints and deep muscle soreness. first day I was exhausted, could not keep my eyes open. Will likely not take this anymore as it interferes with my normal functioning.

Comment from: dsmith, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 26

Burning sensation when used as per doctor orders [2 squirts each nostril, twice a day]. Net result is a total, absolute, complete loss of the sense of smell.