Atacand HCT User Reviews

Atacand HCT - User Reviews

Atacand HCT User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Atacand HCT sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Vera, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 03

I now need a generic brand to replace the Atacand HCT 32-12.5

Related Reading: Atacand HCT

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 26

I had tried 5 other high blood pressure medicines and Atacand HCL is the only one that seems to work.

Related Reading: high blood pressure | Atacand

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 06

I have been useing Atacand HCT for going on 4 years now, and its the only high blood pressure medicine that I can take that works great with out makeing me tired or dizzy.

Comment from: el, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 19

Been on Atacand HCT for over 5 years and has controlled my bp 120/80. Had to switch to Hyzaar due to insurance company switch and it's not on their preferred drug list. Atacand is very pricey but may be worth the high cost. Hyzaar appears to be a problem for me (joint pain)and since i have RA, the joint pain is much more pronounced!Will have to switch back to Atacand.

Related Reading: Hyzaar

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 27

I have been taking this med for 3 weeks, it has lowered by Bp to 108/62. I feel weakness, dizziness especially when I stand up quickly. I see my doc in one week for 4 week follow up, hopefully side affects will subside.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: JJ, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 02

I have been on this medication for several years. It has been so effective that I have not gone to anything generic (Atacand does not have a generic yet), even with no insurance and paying $90.+ for a month supply. No side effects. It's great.

Comment from: Lou, 75 or over (Patient) Published: January 27

This has been a very effective drug for my blood pressure, but the cost is prohibitive on us being retired, the cost of $270.94 for a 90 day supply is much higher than we can afford. Is there another medication which will be as effective?

Comment from: escottna, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 04

Keeps blood pressure normal

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 19

can this medication make one tired and perspire alot?

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 26

when my doctor first prescribed this medication i was gatting a little dizzy he made a adjustment and my blood pressurs is usually 120over 80.i am a big guy247lbs and 64 years old.a great medicine.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 28

This is only the 2nd medication I have taken for high blood pressure. I started on the Atacand only and switched to Atacand/HCT. After one day of slight drowsiness, I have felt NO complication or unusual effects other than a consistent 120/80 BP. This is an amazing drug-no nitceable bad effects and has not impaired sexual performance as other BP meds do. Strongly recommend (I am in my mid 40s).

Related Reading: sexual