Atacand HCT User Reviews

Atacand HCT - User Reviews

Atacand HCT User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Atacand HCT sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Vikkifl, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 02

taking one month, BP staying around 125/75 or lower, get headaches from it occasionally, but relieved with aspirin; no difference in urine output, seems effective for me

Related Reading: aspirin

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 17

I have had HBP for my entire adult life. This medication is the only one that can control my HBP with no side effects.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 11

I was diagnosed with high blod pressure about six months ago. Initially, I had some dizziness but that subsided and it definately affected the sex life initially. With changes in diet and a little exercise my blood pressure is now in the normal range- 120/80

Comment from: Ron, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 14

This is a very effective drug but I noticed that Express Scripts has removed it from their preferred formulary and recommend Diovan HCT or Hyzaar. I do have some light headed feeling but I don't know what it is related to since I also take some other meds.

Related Reading: Diovan HCT

Comment from: retired painter and decorator, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 24

it has helped me lower my blood pressure

Comment from: elizabeth, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 30

Delightfully side effect free! Too bad it is way expensive - hopefully it will go off patent soon. They say December 2012 - oh I hope so!

Comment from: Grite, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 19

Only medication that has worked for me.Expensive.Ordering now from canada for $135.00 for 90 days.

Comment from: Elsa, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 31

I have had trouble with various BP meds this is the only one that has controlled my BP. I cannot tolerate Calcium Channel blockers, Beta Blockers or Alpha blockers.

Comment from: Tricia, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 22

I have been taking Atacand for 5 months now, the early slight dizziness passed quite quickly and now I have no side effects. I am wondering whether it has a detrimental affect on libido though?

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 13

Swelling, rash,breathing, skin dryness and loss

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: bj1985, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 01

My doctor switched me to this medication because my insurance did not cover my previous medication. My blood pressure has been up and down.She told me to keep a chart of my blood pressure and bring it along with my blood pressure machine in with me on my next appointment. At this time she will decide what to do.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 22

Urrinate every 2 hrs. during night. Do I really need the diuretic?