Atacand User Reviews

Atacand - User Reviews

Atacand User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Atacand sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: April 02

I started about 1 month ago and my B/P went down almost immediately. However, I now have very noticable bags under my eyes that I never had before. I heard of one other person having that same issue. Anyone else?

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 12

Have been taking this for several years. Was not aware that dizziness and bags under the eyes were associated with this. Have been having episodes of vertigo for about the same length of time. Feel tired most of the time, too. Hmmm...

Related Reading: dizziness | vertigo

Comment from: Rhon, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 29

I've been taking Atacand for a month now, I was satisfied with the result until this past week, I noticed I've been having series of dry cough, at least twice a day. My troat just get so ichy. I wonder if this is one of the side effects.

Related Reading: Atacand | cough

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 27

I've used this drug for at leat 5 years now. I seem to have constant itching that is very annoying. It moves all over my body and has no rhyme or reason where it will itch next. I also have noticed bags under my eyes that are more prevalent then in the past.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: Lillian, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 25

It works, only it will really lower your blood pressure too low. I think it gives me back pain too.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 15

Ive read here that some people are experiencing bags under the eyes while on this med. Im 31 and have been on the medication for 6 years now. Ive noticed severe under eye bags during this time even though Ive no weight on (Hypertension is a family condition unfortunatly). Im reading this and thinking - 'Wow, how come I never associated them to the drug until now. They do upset me constantly. I had always been complimented on my lovely eyes in the past, now they are ugly. Does anyone know if I come off the drug do the bags go too? It works great besides - BP was 220/125 and now 130/80. No other side affects.

Comment from: Matt, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 01

I am 31 yrs. of age and I started atacand 16mg a day when I was 22 or 23. Now I suffer with high cholesterol and high tryglcerydes. I am not over weight and I watch what I eat. I just read that the water reducing agent in here may raise my tryglcerydes. I will report back after working closely with my doctor.

Related Reading: cholesterol

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 03

take this medication 1year. after 6 month was feeling discomfort in left shoulder and arm.2 month later it become painful.3 more month can not move my left arm without pain. now need help to be dressed.also back pain.think it caused by atacand long term treatment.

Comment from: Patcheen, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 11

I suffer from HBP, have a right kidney with no artery and a left with 2 arteries. Left kidney had an angioplasty on top pole due to Renal artery stenosis and was successful. Had litle luck with other BP meds until Atacand. It has worked, beautifully . Take it 16 mg in AM and 16mg before bed . BP's are at los 130's over 70's . Yes, have developed the under eye bags that I never had before .. Hard time getting insurance to cover but State programs will .. It works.

Related Reading: Renal artery stenosis

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 03

I take a low dose of this medicine, however I constantly fight dizziness and unsteadyness. It is really starting to affect my life.