Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride User Reviews

Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride - User Reviews

Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: MSSPIN2U, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 26

I have been using this medicine for itching, due to am implant that I was found to be allergic to. Boy did this medicine do wonders for me, it calm my reaction to the itching sensation, and controlled the skin reaction, the underlying small bumps i would get that itched so bad, have calmed about 90 %. I guess I using this for a long time to come, since I CANNOT have the implant removed. I recommend this pill highly.

Comment from: tazgal01, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 02

I began taking this pill last week to help with my anxiety. Previously I had taken Xanax. The doctor told me this pill isn't habit forming like xanax. It helps alot. I have recieved great benefit from this pill.

Comment from: Rhonda, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 25

This drug saved my life. Was diagnosed 2 years ago as being bi-polar and have been on so many meds I have lost count. Within 3 days of taking this med I actually feel happy - less aggitated - less anxious - sleeping good - more focused - less rambling - For anybody on a benzo trying to quit - this drug, for me, has amazing results. Wish it could be so for everybody!

Comment from: JR, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 23

I'm 54. Have been taking this for 20 years now. The first prescription was for 25mg twice a day. I slept for the whole day and complained. They changed my dosage to 10mg. I used to take it once a day. Now I am down to taking it only every 3-4 days if I feel ithcy. It's been a life saver and very effective for me.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 11

I was prescribed 10mg 4 times per day due to an allergic reaction to Sulfa Meds. After 4 straight days of constant itching, this was a godsend!!! In just one night I feel so much better. I also suffer from anxiety and have been prescribed vallium in the past to treat it. This drug works on my anxiety really well too, without falling into the benzo family. I wish I had known about this before!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 29

Dr. prescribed for anxiety related to the death of my father. Really helped calm my emotions and while taking for the above reason I have also found it to be effective for my severe mood swings and cramping that go along with my menstral cycle. I have suffered for over 16 years with difficult periods and wish that my gyno would have told me about Atarax years ago!!

Comment from: Itchfree, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 04

Had a horribly itchy rash due to allergic reaction to antibiotics. The itch was so awful it kept me up for 36 hrs straight and got me to the point of asking my husband to hit me over the head with a baseball bat, as death or unconsciuosness seemed a much better state to be in at the time (he refused!!). Benadryl offered no relief whatsoever. Within 1/2 hr of taking this drug I was much better. Did make me a little out-of-it, tired and dizzy (but worth it for getting rid of that maddening itch).

Related Reading: rash | Benadryl

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 27

I have eczema & have been using this drug to control the itching. My husband & 14 yr old daughter use it for the same reason. My daughter is prescribed 10mg by her pediatrician while my husband & I are prescribed 25mg. It works very well for my daughter who has severe, chronic itching as well as allergies with stuffy nose & sneezing. It calms her & helps her to sleep through the night without scratching. I am very satisfied with this drug.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 25

this medicine works wonders. i take it in conjunction with venalfaxine, also for anxiety/depressin/OCD. I take the hydroxyzine at night because of its drowsy effects, to help me sleep better. I take 50 mg as needed--usually every night during the work week but not on weekends. It helps me get a good night's rest--I fall asleep, and stay that way. I don't feel too hungover in the morning either. And on days I don't take it, I don't notice any ill effects (maybe don't sleep as long) This is the first thing that's helped me sleep in years...i highly recommend it

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 21

I was prescribed this medication to help control itching from rashes which it has helped control very well. As an added benift, it has also help control the mild anxiety I was feeling from moving into my first home. I found that if taken too late in the evening, that it was very hard to get up in the morning. I was very groggy and it was hard to concentrate on anything at all. I am normally a very light sleeper and this medication has also helped me to receive a better nights sleep. This medication has had many more positive effects than what it was originally pescribed for!