Atelvia User Reviews

Atelvia - User Reviews

Atelvia User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Atelvia sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: jojo, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 18

it took 24 hrs for side effects to start, but 2 days later,still not able to function. severe abdomnal cramps,diarrhea,body aches & chills,weakness.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: Meri, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 14

I have experienced most of the side effects continually during the 2 weeks trial. I have been miserable so I reported it to my Dr. and we will stop taking the drug for 2 weeks and try again to see if I experience the same side effects.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 20

I was recently diagnosed with osteoporosis and was told by my doctor that I had no choice but to start treatment. Atelvia was recommended. I was given a sample dose to start. After one dose I began having severe body aches & pain in my muscles, bones & joints within 24 hrs. Felt like I had the flu. Could not eat due to bad stomach pain. Took the maximum dose of extra strength tylenol which didn't help much. Was afraid to take ibuprofen due to a history of ulcers. Considered going to the ER. Took over a week for side effects to subside. Now the doctor is recommending a trial of Prolia. Not sure I want to take this since I've read many of the side effects are similar and it stays in your system for 6 months.

Related Reading: osteoporosis | Atelvia | flu

Published: February 17

After taking the first pill, 12 hrs. later I was experiencing full-fledged flu symptoms: chills, achy joints, headache, fever...also severe gas in my abdomen (felt like I was being pumped full of helium). Called doc and was told to stop this medication. I've been in bed for two days; could not live like this every week.

Related Reading: headache | fever

Comment from: meldoe, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 13

I am on my second week of use. So far, I have not experienced any of the side effects except a little heartburn on occasion (which went away with a Zantac). This medication has not been nearly as disagreeable as my last experience (Fosomax) - which gave me severe heartburn all the time. So far, so good.

Related Reading: heartburn | Zantac | heartburn

Comment from: lorrie, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 16

Started this medication a week ago. I felt like I had the flu the second day after beginning the therapy..now into my 5th day and my back feels better already. Will take the second dose and see how I feel this time, but so far I can handle the aching muscles that I experienced the 2nd day after taking.

Comment from: Annie, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 01

This is an update from a posting on 1/8/2012. I stopped taking Atelvia but had another episode of severe muscle pain three months later - in my other leg. I do not plan to take any bisphosphonate medications in the future.

Related Reading: muscle pain

Comment from: lucia catayong, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 29

I have used this drug less than a week and the side effects on the medication is right on, pain is 10+ and is a terrible experience. It is a dangerous drug and should be banned. I do not recommend this medication. "The benefit does not out weigh the risk!"

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

I have had no problem with this drug. I like the fact that I can have breakfast before taking. I was on fosomax and didn't like taking it first thing in the morning with a large glass of water.

Healthy Bones

Get tips and advances in treatment.