Ativan User Reviews

Ativan - User Reviews

Ativan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ativan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: JennWil05, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 21

When I get the feeling a panick attack is about to happen, I stick one ;ill under my tounge and within minutes I feel completely calm and no longer anxious. I also use the medication if I drank too much wine the night before (too much sugar), I take one pill and the anxiety is gone. Ativan is though very habit forming and addictive. I have been taking it for over a year and feel as thought I cannot stop taking it.

Related Reading: anxiety | Ativan

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 22

I started having anxiety attacks in my twenties. Ativan has been a lifesaver for me. I started with 1 mg 3x daily until I became pregnant. After I lowered to .5 mg 3x daily. I can only say that this drug has made me feel "normal" again. I have had no desire or need to up my dosage for 20 years now. I know I will probably be on this for the rest of my life. I take it gladly for it has given me a life free of panic. Respect this drug and do not overuse. I also saw a pychologist to learn how to deal with anxiety. This combination of therapy and medication has been priceless for me.

Comment from: Veroncia, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 04

I have been taking Ativan for about 5 months now. I started taking it when my mother passed away. It has relieved my panic and anxiety attacks. I started out with 1mg twice a day and are now on 0.5mg one a day at bedtime. It has been helpful, I get very severe panic attacks that usually end up in the ER. But Ativan has helped me a lot. I am concerned about becoming addicted so my doctor suggested, weening myself off of it, by taking it every other night for a week, then every two nights for a week and so forth. He has also suggested I see a Phsycologist, which I do on a regular basis, excercise, and relaxing techniques, such as meditation, massage, accupuncture and Yoga. I am going to try the accupuncture first, then the excercise and then the Yoga. I will report later. It was great reading all the reviews, I hope that my review will help someone deal with their anxiety and try the things my doctor has suggested.

Related Reading: panic attacks

Comment from: pookie, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 03

Before taking this medicine I had no life I had full blown panic attacks and couldn't leave the house due to anxiety and depression. They tried me on other medications but they always made me feel loopey. My life was destroyed by my mental illness but when they put me on ativan the tension, heaviness in my heart, the shaking and feeling like my life was over all went away. I was back to being myself again and have ever since. Sure I have some bad days but don't we all. Just to live normal again and not have the fear in your heart or in your head is worth it to me. You need to take your meds as prescribed and don't increase the meds or drink alcohol with them. I have been blessed they finally did find something to help me live a more normal life. All meds work differently on people so just work with your doctor and what works for you to be a normal person again is what it's all about.

Related Reading: depression | mental illness

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 26

I took Ativan to alleviate very severe panic attacks, for which it worked quite well. However, I wasn't keen on the memory loss, lethargy or complete loss of sex drive, and am endeavoring to kick it in favor of "lesser" medications. After 1.5 months, I am physically addicted and finding the withdrawal (nausea, insomnia, hot flashes) very troublesome. A potent and useful medicine, though not without its cost.

Related Reading: insomnia | hot flashes

Comment from: Chris, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 12

Ativan was prescribed to me for anxiety. It is working great. My shaking has almost stopped. I can't believe what a different person I am. I wish I would of spoken with my Dr. years ago about my anxiety. The Ativan is working so well I noticed with my anxiety about gone I have a higher tolerance for people, people do not get on my nerves, has this happened to anyone else? I have not had any side effects from the Ativan. I am on 1.5mg's daily. If I do good on this & my anxiety is under control I'll stay at this dose & not go up on it.

Comment from: marlointhesun, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 31

I have been taking lorazapam for nearly 20 years now. Severe panic attacks and agoraphobia. This is the only medication that has worked and not caused me to feel "addicted" I started with xanax, which made me anxious if I didnt take it at a specific time, and kind of bitchy too. Did the klonapin thing, too groggy. Ativan works just right. I started out with 2mg 3x a day, and am now down to 1mg 2 or 3x a day, if I'm just chillin at home, just 1mg is effective of keeping "el diablo" (panic attacks) away. I feel that the abuse of this drug would only be by someone that doesnt have panic attacks. For me having such a high anxiety level, this drug simply takes the edge off and actually allows me to function as a "normal" person. I can go out to dinner, shopping, to a concert, on a vacation. Not stuck in my house, or an ER anymore. YAY FOR ATIVAN!!!!

Related Reading: agoraphobia | xanax