Ativan User Reviews

Ativan - User Reviews

Ativan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Ativan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: suzieq, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 08

This medication has helped aleviate extreme anxiety due to stress as well as sleepless nights. I took 1 mg am and 2 mg at night. The doctors in CA will not prescribe this again and wilol not gve a sufficient reason. I have never taken more than the recommended dose or refilled it early. On the few times I have run out, I have spend sleepless weekends and the old anxiety is back. You cannot just discontinue abruptly wihout having withdrawal symptoms. Now,I must wean myself off since the doctors do not care and I can expect a period of symptoms which are more than uncomfortable and lots of sleepless nights!

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: labangel, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 05

Anyone that is thinking of using ativan - don't. Anyone that is using it now -beware. I was an ativan user for 4yrs. It was a nightmare. Of course it worked in the beginning, but after awhile it stopped working. I started with xanax then went to klonipin then ativan. What a mistake. For extreme anxiety it started to work. The md had to continue to increase the dose so I would still get the relief -- or high! He wanted to increase it to 8mgs but I said no and decided to get off the drug. It was slowly killing me. Er visits started to increase. I started having a lot of stomach pains, chest pains, and leg pains. Most important was that I felt like a zombie all the time. I wasn't leaving the house and sunshine bothered my eyes. I just couldn't function outside of the home. I finally had the courage to take control of my own life and decided to admit myself to a hospital detox unit. You cannot do this yourself. I tried. I've been off ativan for 2 1/2 years and I'm doing much better. My NEW md has me on lamical. I'm taking vacations, moved into a new house, gardening, put in a pool. I'm not totally free of the withdrawal yet but I'm still hanging in there and enjoying life. Exercise does help and I've joined two classes. Hint- walking outside helps a lot, drink plenty of water(helps with anxiety) breathing & relaxation music is a must. Remember- ativan is very addicting. My diagnosis was that it was slowing killing me. I DO STRUGGLE EVERYDAY BUT NOW I'M IN CONTROL NOT THE ATIVAN--IT DID IT'S DAMAGE ON ME. Ativan puts a block in your brain so you don't feel the anxiety which makes you feel like you are in a waking coma. If I can help at least one person by my experience then it was worth it. Please don't use ativan -it slowly kills.

Related Reading: coma

Comment from: Ai6162, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 08

I TAKE 1 MG 3 TIMES DAILY AS NEEDED FOR ANXIETY AND SOMETIMES I JUST TAKE 2MG TWICE DAILY IF NEEDED. I HAVE SEVERE SHAKNG(TREMORS) AND IN MY JOB AS A RECEPTIONIST AY A PHYSICIANS OFFICE I HAVE TO BE CONFIDENT AND CANNOT BE ANXIOUS AND LET THINGS GET TO ME. I HAVE BEEN ON ATIVAN FOR 3 YEARS NOW. I HAD A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN 3 1/2 YRS AGO AND ATIVAN WAS A LIFE SAVER. XANAX AND KLONIPIN ARE TOO STRONG TO TAKE AND TRY TO FUNCTION ON A DAILY LEVEL. I KNOW HOW ADDICTIE ATIVAN CAN BE BUT IF YOU FOLLOW UP WITH YOUR DOCTOR REGULARLY AND YOU REALLY NEED IT I DON'T THINK YOU WILL HAVE A PROBLEM.

Related Reading: TREMORS

Comment from: Jbarton, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 28

I am 50 years old and have been on this drug for about two years. I started taking it for insomnia and found that it greatly lessened my anxiety attacks. Before taking Lorazapam (Ativan), I would sit at work and spend hours plotting my own death. Now, as long as I take .5mg regularly, I can work without the distraction of suicidal thoughts or anxiety attacks. I take two-three mg at bedtime. I've never slept better and do not have trouble geting up in the morning. I am sure that I am dependent on this drug by now but I would rather take Lorazapam for the rest of my life than deal with the alternatives.

Comment from: bc, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 28

the perfect drug for any kind of panic attack and I've had them all! Take a pill when you have an attack and it melts away.

Comment from: BACK FROM HELL, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 19

ICAN TELL YOU ALL THIS THE PILL WILL HELP YOU AND TAKE IT ALL AWAY AND PUT IN IN A WORLD OF HAPPY NO WORRYS AND PEACE IN YOUR LIFE BUT IN LIFE THEIRS AWAYS A PRICE TO PAY IN ENY THING YOU WAN;T RIGHT WELL I WILL TELL YOU THIS IS HOW IT IS SHORT IN TO THE POINT ITS HELL AND YOU WILL WISH YOU WAS IN HELL BECAUSE HELL IS NICE AND A RIDE IN DISNEY TO TRY TO COME OFF THIS PILL NO LIE I BE ON THIS RIDE I WAS ON THIS PILL FOR 5 YRS I LOVE IT SO NICE COME AND IN PEACE BUT THIS PILL HAS TO SIDES TO IT THE SIDE THAT WILL HELP YOU THE OTHER SIDE WILL WISH YOU WAS DEAD BECAUSE IT CAN KILL YOU TRYING TO COME OFF THIS PILL I WAS ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES BUT I BEN TO HELL AND BACK AND TOOK ME 5 MOS IN A HOSPITAL THEN WHEN I GOT HOME IT STILL WAS GOING THU HELL AND IT WAS ALL OUT OF MY BODY AT THIS TIME BUT IT WAS STILL TRYING TO GET ME TO TAKE SOME THIS IS HOW POWERFULL THIS PILL IS WHEN IT HELP YOU YOU HAPPY BUT AT THE SAME TIME ITS GOT YOU AND WON'T LEVE YOU GO YOU BECOME ITS SLAVE IN TIME IT TOOKS ME ALMOST 1YR 1/2 TO THIS PILL OUT OF MY MIND OUT OF THE BODY DONT MEAN ONE THING IT PLAYS WHIT YOUR MIND SO REALLY THINK ABOUT THIS REALLY GOOD PILL BUT REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYY BIGGGGG PRICE TO PAY I WILL DIE BEFOR I TAKE THIS PILL ENY MORE SORRY IF I STEP ON ENY FELLING BUT THIS TRUE STOREY AND BE FOR I SAY BYE I JUST LIKE TO SAY IM AM SO SORRY FOR MY SO BAD SPELLING ENGLISH IM AM FOR JAPAN I TRY HARD TO SPELL GOOD I HOPE THIS HELP SOME ONE IT REALLY HAPEN TO ME HOPE NOT TO YOU DONT TAKE OR IF YOU DO DONT TAKE LONG TIME