Atralin User Reviews

Atralin - User Reviews

Atralin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Atralin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 30

My acne cleared within a week! I used Clean and Clear cleanser along with it.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: amaramck, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 04

I have been using the product for a little over a week and i love it. I was using another product that increased my breakouts dramatically but this medication has made my acne disappear. I even notice that my fine wrinkle lines are disappearing. I have extremely oily skin and this is the first product that i have used that works. There is a little dryness and peeling but it doesn't bother me that all, as the pros far outweigh the cons.

Comment from: jcoop, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 08

My derm prescribed this for my adult acne. Truthfully, I very rarely have trouble with acne. I am 32 and concerned about wrinkles. After using this medication three times, I have seen noticeable improvement in my fine lines and wrinkles - they have nearly disappeared. I know this is not the approved usage for this drug, but I like it. I started out by using it every other day to minimize the dryness, and so far I have had no trouble with dryness or redness, although the fingertips I use to apply it have dried out significantly. I use a cold cream type cleanser on my face, and a thick moisturizer the next morning.

Related Reading: wrinkles

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 28

Atralin is much better than Retin A Micro for me. Just as effective in treating my moderate cystic acne without the extreme dryness, redness and peeling.

Related Reading: Atralin

Comment from: laurenwms87, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 18

I have had acne for over 10 years and the only thing that has cleared it up was accutane. Unfortunately it only kept my skin clear for about two years. I tried to get back on it but could only do a month because I had liver problems. Now I have been using this consistently at night for a little over a week. I am not seeing too much improvement but I am getting a lot of embarrassing peeling around my mouth. I'm going to give it some more time before I call my derm and ask for a different prescription.

Related Reading: accutane | liver

Comment from: nihaoma, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 09

I like this medicine for a few reasons: 1. It is very mild on the skin. I am allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide, so I am very limited in the acne treatments I can use. I have very sensitive skin 2. Easy to use. Put a pea size amount on your skin before bed and you are good to go. Overall, I saw a decrease in acne with 1-2 weeks. I did not have any initial severe breakout. However, as always, I am skill getting some acne, which is annoying. It is not a cure for my oily skin. I do not really seem to have any drying of the skin except for my nose. I used a water based moisturizer I get from my dermatologist. As a note, I have been on Accutane 3 times since I was 20 years old. I love it (no real side effects, skin is crystal clear on it), however, the effects of Accutane dont necessarily last when you come off of it, that is to say, your acne will likely be better but not necessarily disappear altogether.

Comment from: bulldawgbaby805, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 06

I am 14 and once I hit puberty at 13, I started getting acne on my face. I went to my dermatologist and he recommended Atralin. I applied a little dab to my whole face every night and I started seeing results within days. It's easy to use, works well, so I highly recommend it. I'm not self-conscious anymore about my skin and I am very pleased with this product.

Related Reading: puberty

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

This gel is great. My skin is looking so much mor clearer after only a week of treatment. It caused a little peeling around my mouth and chin areas but that I can live with temporarily. Overall, best that my doctor has had me try so far!