Atralin User Reviews

Atralin - User Reviews

Atralin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Atralin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kristy , 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 25

I have used this medication each night for about 6 weeks. It has helped to clear up my skin but I am peeling horribly around my chin and mouth. I tried mixing it with moisturizer but it hasn't helped so far. Other than this the medicine has been effective in clearing up the skin but has caused drying and peeling.

Comment from: dlee, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

I'm using it in conjunction w/Solodyn and Spironolactone. The cleanser I use is Cetaphil. On 10/18 I began using Atralin Gel 0.05% and have used it for 20 days. I have cystic acne and I've seen improvement. It hasn't caused me to have an initial breakout or made my skin peel or flake. Atralin is helping to dry up and shrink the cysts.

Related Reading: Solodyn | cysts

Comment from: Shelly, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 20

I was using atralin Gel for almost a year and hated it. I thought I just needed to give it time to work but after all that time I still got break outs and it made my skin feel so greasy shortly after I applied it. I had my doctor switch me to Retin A Micro and I love it!!!

Comment from: beautifulunderneathitall, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 28

I have struggled with moderate acne for about 9 years now and Atralin has been the least irritating medication I have used. I started out using this medication every third night for about a month and then went to every other night, I am currently using a small pea sized amount every night and although I have experienced an initial increase in breakouts I am more satisfied with the "side-effects" of this medication than any other I have tried and I have tried TONS over the years short of Accutane. (Too scared to use that)! I use the Atralin topical each night after washing with Cetaphil for normal/oily skin. I then follow with Cetaphil moisturizer and the Atralin. So far even though I am breaking out I am super impressed as the breakouts heal quickly and I am excited to see how it will end up in about 6 more weeks!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 13

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT EVERYDAY UNLESS YOU HAVE REALLY BAD ACNE!! IT WILL RUIN YOUR SKIN!!! I had horrible skin problems from 8-14 years old. I tried all treatments including all sorts of Retin-A's...nothing worked. I finally went on a low dosage of Accutane for 6 months and started ortho lo birth control--from then on--miracle! My skin was crystal clear from 14-22. However, I stopped taking birth control for a very stupid reason and my skin started breaking out again ( a few large pimples on my jaw line). I freaked out because of the history I have had with acne and immediately started taking birth control again and ran to a Derm to try and nip the problem in the bud. She prescribed altralin and told me to continue using MD Forte glycolic face wash (which I had been using for 8 yrs at this point and swear by it). Basically ALTRALIN RUINED MY SKIN! IT WAS WAY TOO STRONG FOR WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR ONTOP OF THE ACID FACE WASH!! It literally gave me horrible blisters/boils on my face that were worse than my acne was when I was 8-14 (hard to do). It was very debilitating . I work for Fortune 500 company and have to interact with people every day! This was awful! Luckily my manager let me work from home for a week or so to resolve (it was bad enough for him to agree...that should say a lot right there). I ran back to my Derm and she told me to stop using aAltralin immediately. I was having a reaction called vesicles (blisters)and prescribed high powered antiobiotics to try and calm it down and my face is pretty well cleared again. But, am nursing some scars and acne antiobiotics are harsh on the stomach. UNLESS you truly have horrible acne RUN AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT IT WILL GIVE YOU AN EVEN WORSE PROBLEM!!! Also‚Ä”dump bad Derms.

Related Reading: Retin-A | birth control | boils

Comment from: happy camper, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 04

I am happy to report that the acne I've been troubled with has started clearing up. I am using this medication in conjunction with Duac topical gel, and I am so glad that my acne is starting to clear up. Nice to find products that work!

Related Reading: Duac

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 31

I suffer from adult acne on my face, neck, chest, shoulders and upper arms. This medication has been wonderful! I've been using it every night for 2 weeks and my acne is almost completely gone!! I am also taking minocycline 50 mg (morning and night) and washing with Cetaphil. I am very impressed with this drug.