Atripla User Reviews

Atripla - User Reviews

Atripla User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Atripla sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 19

I was a study participant, this is my second review, forgot to tell you I take the pill at 5:00 in the afternoon after work on empty stomach but I drink a gatorade with it, sugars in the Gatorade act as buffer, then I get my workout at 24 hour fitness for 2 hours, then I am starving and I eat dinner. This way no diziness or nausea. I don't like taking pill at bedtime because then the pill does not metabolize and I wake up dizzy and dizzy all day. Take the pill at a time of high metabolism on dead empty stomach with a gatorade or juice, then do not eat for at least 2 hours and I recommend exercising because it speeds up metabolism of the pill and takes your mind off of it especially in the health club around other people. Important to stay socially connected stay in normal routines as long as normal routine does not involve being a hound. No sex except with devoted partners who know and then always use comdom even if undetectable don't risk your partner. By the way, if mwe live right and give our bodies the tools to fight, I believe we can outlive the virus. If a virus can't reproduce, it cannot survive. The HIV has learned to hide a few copies that live on but I believe our bodies will learn to kill the remainig copies eventually. Keep on giving your body the tools it needs to fight, this damn virus will die. Peace

Related Reading: fitness

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 02

I have had no side effects with this drug. It is easy to take, easy on my system, and I give it an overall A+ rating.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 17

I was study participant in 2006 for the introduction of Atripla, was also study participant 4 years ago for the intro of the 3 drug regimen. I have no other physical problems outside of this darn HIV, I eat high protein low fat and work ot 6 days a week. I have no side efects with Atripla and my life is fantastic. Atripla is a miracle. Unbelievable great work by researchers. Thank you so much. God bless you all.

Related Reading: Atripla

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 26

I am satisfied using Atripla. As i have been taking it for over a year now. The only thing negative is its a huge horse pill but as long as it is keeping me undetectable I am satisfied.

Comment from: ckboxers1, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 29

I started this medication about 4 weeks ago (the first time ever taking HIV drugs). The side effects were mild, and overall, not as bad as I thought. I am starting to feel much better.

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 18

I have not had any side effects with this medication and is very easy to stay on the treatment plan because it is one pill to take as opposed to multiple pills.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 10

Made me have crazy nightmares and raised my body temp. Still I would recommend it for those who want the ease of taking one pill once a day.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 01

Have gone from a viral load of over 1 million to undetectable and CD4 count has gone from 18 to over 600. Been on Atripla about 9 months. No side effects except vivid dreams but had those while on other treatments before starting Atripla.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 14

I started this HIV drug on October 10th and am currently on my second refill and finding that my attitude has completely changed for the better. My partner has seen the difference daily in my mood, and states that this has been a good thing. My only problem has been with my stomach. I have felt very nausiated since taking it, and have started take phenagren about an hour before taking the Atripla. My doctor wants to ween me off of the Phenagren so I do not become dependant on it, but I am afraid of not taking due to the sever vomiting I have experienced. Any suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated and helpful. Thanks Scott ScottieEbright@aol.com

Comment from: crookedmouth, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 27

Been taking it for about 6 weeks now, i experianced several side effects, the first night i took it i couldnt leave the house until 3pm the next day cause i felt too drunk to drive, but after that the drunken feeling was only there right after taking it, and early in the morning. I also experianced some depression for a couple weeks. Very vivid dreams made my sleep quite restless and found it hard to wake up in the morning for work. But after the first initial three weeks most of these side effects have disappeared, i still get an occasional weird dream (but i have always had weird dreams. Oh yeah, it makes you feel gassy for a while too. As far as my numbers CD4 count and viral load, i havnt found out how they are yet, although just 3 months after my ex started taking it he was undetectable.

Related Reading: depression | sleep

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.