Atripla User Reviews

Atripla - User Reviews

Atripla User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Atripla sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: maudine59, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

i've been taking this med for about a month. my body gets real warm afterwards. cannot take it with ANY thing else. if on an empty stomach i get very woozy, so its taken at night or late afternoon after a good meal. as far as i know my num are excellent! does ant one else get a warm sensation?

Comment from: rogerbond, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 25

Initially getting started was very difficult as I encountered a lot of side effects. The main ones were not sleeping (or having strange dreams if I did sleep), migraine like headaches, and a constant 'drunk' or 'high' feeling. (Ok, so maybe I can't complain too much about that last one!) My doctor prescribed Elavil for the headaches and sleeping problems and it has been smooth sailing ever since although I do still get the feeling of being 'drunk', after 6 months it almost all but disappeared. Viral Load remains undetectable but my T-Cells (CD4) has not improved as much as my doctor had hoped. (Minor initial increase followed by stability and small drop.) Overall, this is probably the best regiment available since it is so easy to take and pretty much ALL the alternatives have major side effects and disadvantages.

Related Reading: migraine | Elavil

Comment from: debralk, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 25

I am much happier taking the one pill a day and seem to have less side effects than I did when I was taking Combivir and Sustiva.It did give me odd dreams but I was used to that from the Sustiva.I still have some stomach problems in the morning, but I can't be sure if that is a result of the Atripla or other medication I take for cholesterol.All in all this is much better and easier to manage taking one pill a day.

Related Reading: Combivir | Sustiva | cholesterol

Comment from: amosturf, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 14

Diagnose with full blown AIDS Sept. 08. walked into an ER with a CD4 of 12 and a viral load of 1.5 million (not a typo). Almost dead. Today, CD4 is 630 and VL is undetectable. Thank God for Atripla. It is a long process but I'm still alive. My only complaint is lack of energy and major depression.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 30

Atripla has given me my life back! I had a rapidly decreasing t-cell count and a rising viral load. After only 6 months on Atripla, my t-cells are now above 600 and my viral load is undetectable. I have never felt better; my energy level is back, I don't get colds or coughs anymore, and I feel 100% better. The side-effects were mild, and in my case they went away completely after about 2 weeks. I take the pill as I am going to bed each night.

Comment from: dani_boi, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 02

The first few weeks were a little difficult with the constant nauseous feeling. However, that slowly dissipated. I started on Atripla in October and it is now April and I'm undetectable and my CD4 count is over 800. This medication definitely works for me.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 14

I have been on this drug for about a year now. In that year my viral load has gone from 147,000 to undetectable and cd4 from 14 to 550.

Comment from: greelan323, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 19

Very nice, in the matter of 3 months brought my viral load down from 750,000 to undetectable, and only 1 pill a day. Have not experienced any of the listed side effects.

Comment from: koolxs, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

started a year ago, viral load from 120,000 down to underectable and cd4 count increased from 130 to 535!

Comment from: Miracle Man, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 23

Before Starting this medication, my immune system was almost non-existing. After six months, there was a dramatic change. Now, I'm undetectable. No side effects and I also gained my weight back.

WebMD Daily

Get breaking medical news.