Atrovent HFA User Reviews

Atrovent HFA - User Reviews

Atrovent HFA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Atrovent HFA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: EDLBRNS, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 06

if used 4 times daily it causes severe urineretention.seems to adversely affect prostate.i'm looking for a medicine that works but does not do that. HELP!!!!

Comment from: per.h., 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 30

i recover my shortness of breath very quickly, its been the best inhaler i have used so far, for having a collapsed lung and having surgery to have it talced and the holes stapled, it doesnt give me any side defects or nervous system effects.

Comment from: asthma girl, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

I just started taking this medication a couple of days ago. So far, it has been fine, no side effects that are severe and my breathing has improved greatly. My only concern is that I have a slight burning in my upper chest like that of a chest cold. THis occurs right after taking the medication. I am also experiencing a dry cough that can get quite persistant but seems to be alievated when using a cough drop.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: Jo, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 24

Taken as initially directed, two puffs four times a day, my heart beats very fast and I have a strange taste on my tongue for a long time even with rinsing. With the dose cut to one puff, three to four times a day, the fast heart beat doesn't occur, and there is not a strange strong lingering taste, even if I don't rinse.

Comment from: nurse, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 22

very satisfied with med

Comment from: harry, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 01

atrovent works well without side effects for me. my doctor looked for something that did not have stuff in it that is known to cause trouble. albuterol was causing leg cramps. so we found several substitutes but insurance would not cover some. atrovent was covered and appeared to not contain any of those questionable ingredients and no albuterol. we tried it and it worked just as well as the big names and actually better over time. so far, after a couple of years, i don't have the bad effects seen with some heavily advertised brands of inhalers. i use this in combination with Flovent. thats a long acting inhaler that also doesn't have questionable ingredients like "formoterol". so far this combination has worked well for me with no side effects noticed for 2 years of everyday use. a nice relief from the problems i used to have.

Related Reading: Flovent

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 17

I have a constant tingling in my arm and hands and stiff neck since taking this drug. It is effective in controlling my asthma. I need to check with my doctor if there is anything as effective w.out the side effects

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: Asa, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 19

The atrovent HFA inhalor work exellent for my emphysema.

Related Reading: atrovent HFA | emphysema

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 18

I began using the inhaler 5 weeks ago and I quit smoking 2 weeks ago. No side affects from the inhaler, my breathing is much easier and the coughing has almost completely ceased.

Related Reading: smoking

Comment from: Don, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 05

Severe hangover, numb hands, memory loss, back of head hurts, stiff neck, arms, legs,shortness of breath when trying to sleep,wake up several times during the night,clogged sinus. never had theese symthems before taking this medicine, just shortness of breath sometimes when lying down.