Atrovent HFA User Reviews

Atrovent HFA - User Reviews

Atrovent HFA User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Atrovent HFA sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Helen, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 06

I had headaches for the whole month I used it. The Doctor took me off it as she said it was probably the powder. I am on advair spray now and rarely get a headache.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Bert, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 20

Atrovent works decently well for me. My problem is that I have no insurance and the out-of-pocket cost of this 25-day supply is $164. With all my other medical expenses, that's a financial hit I can't handle in the long term. Is there no generic for this?

Comment from: bjp34@suddenlink.net, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 19

I have a difficult time keeping up with 16 puffs per day with the Atrovent HFA. Also I have read not to take over 12 puffs per day but my physician says 16. What does this mean?

Comment from: billhuff sr, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 14

used this drug 16 years. side effects worsening daily.

Comment from: Jake, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 15

Emerg doc had me take 10 shots of ventolin and 5 shots of this, had tingling/numb hands and face for 24 hrs after, chest pains, lots of coughing, sore throat. Seems to relieve the labored breathing though.

Related Reading: sore throat

Comment from: Ringer, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 23

Using for last 3 months for a dry cough. Apparently mucus is going down into the stomach causing the cough. Also given Rabeprazole (small yellow tablet-twice daily) This seems to be working. My concern is long term use and the possibility of worse side effects than the dry mouth and slight pain in the sinus area after using the spray. Any long time users out there?

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 29

I use two puffs twice a day for the last year. It reduces and mostly takes away the whizzing.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 20

I was surprised when I was prescribed this inhaler for my bronchitis, but so far it has been quite helpful. My coughing has gone down and my breathing is much more relaxed. I have only been using it for a few days but it has already been effective.