Augmentin Chewable Tablets User Reviews

Augmentin Chewable Tablets - User Reviews

Augmentin Chewable Tablets User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Augmentin Chewable Tablets sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: janine, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 14

I had severe stomach and abdominal pain, and severe diarrea.

Related Reading: abdominal pain

Comment from: Joycey, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 06

This is the best antibiotic out there for me. It clears my ear congestion up and sinus problems from my allergies better than anything else. I wish more doctors would prescribe this instead of pushing zpack. My internist wants to always prescribe regular amoxicillan and it just doesn't work for me.

Comment from: tntaz37363, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 10

Worked great on the sinus infection; however, horrible headache everytime I moved my head, or coughed, . . any movement.

Related Reading: sinus infection | headache

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 12

This works, but the stomach pain & nausea are bad side effects. Even taken with food, this drug causes me problems.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 16

i was given this antibiotic (875mg) for a sinus infection and my daughter (22 months old) the 600mg suspension for an ear infection. i was reluctant to take it (or give it to my daughter) because of the negative reviews but i have to say that neither of us have had any adverse side effects. not even diarrhea a common symptom of antibiotics. no upset stomach either. it's been one of the easiest antibiotics i/we have taken. and i'm someone that is normally sensitive to medication in general.

Related Reading: ear infection | diarrhea

Comment from: Holes in My Head, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 20

I am a lifelong sinusitis patient with four sinus surgeries, years of allergy shots, and a managed health care program minding the anti-biotics my doctor gives me. I have had three "experiences" with Augmentin. The first time I went back to my ENT surgeon feeling terrible when the first antibiotic didn't work. He gave me Augmentin. I didn't realize the symptoms I had were from the drug. After two days I had severe body aches, flu like symptoms, and elevated fever. I felt so terrible I had to take a taxi ride to the emergency room. The second experience was similar to the first. Again the drug side effects were masked by the sinus symptoms I already had. I was travelling and a "doc-in-the-box" gave me Augmentin. Two days later I sincerely thought I was going to die. Again I went to the emergency room with terrible overall body pain, fever, migrane headache. I couldn't walk the pain was so bad. The third experience was by accident. Again while travelling a local physician gave me a "sample." After the first day the same symptoms started. I stopped taking the Augementin and immediately felt better. I wanted to share my experience because out of all the drugs I've taken for my condition I never thought one could react so terribly and violently. I know that Augmentin is a wonderful drug for lots of people. My wife and children tolerate it very well and have had good results.

Related Reading: allergy | Augmentin | flu

Comment from: blueknight4444, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 04

Upset stomach diarrea and nausea. Pharmacist advised me took take yogart for the side effects. Due this drug causing severe diarrea and nausea It kills the bactreia In the stomach that Is the way It Is disigned. The yogart help repacing with live cultures and helping with the nausea and diarrea. I also don't like the medication Is dosed. A better antibotic when It comes to dosing Is levaquin and does not have the severe side effects as the above antibotic.

Related Reading: levaquin

Comment from: augurl51@yahoo.com, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 02

10 month old child. could not tolerate medication. Each time medicine was given, she lost all food that she had eaten. Stopped after 3rd dose and contacted pediatrician.