Augmentin XR User Reviews

Augmentin XR - User Reviews

Augmentin XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Augmentin XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: gabrielamom, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

My doctor was treating me for a sinus infection( I don't know what kind).The first three days were fine. The third night I woke up and my hands and feet were tingling. I took my blood pressure and it was 165/98.Normal for me is about 125/70. I didn't take anymore of the medication and my pressure went back down and the tingling stopped.

Related Reading: sinus infection

Comment from: dgrubb, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 15

I'm on day 10 taking this medication for a sinus infection. I have an IGg subclass I deficiency so I have chronic sinus infections. For some reason my tongue is very red with little bumps and very sore. I haven't figured out yet if it's from the med or not but everything I eat burns my tongue.

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: dlmwmmmlm, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 10

Just went to the doctor today and he said I had Bronchitis and placed me on Amox/K Clav 875MG - 1 every 12 hours. About 10 minutes after I took this medicine (eat supper), my stomach started aching (the upper part). Not enough to put me down, but enough to drive me crazy. It has been about 3 hours and it is not as bad, but still irritating. Would or could this be a side effect? if so, can I cut in half and take half in the morning and half at night?

Comment from: rissmila, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 07

This is my 2nd round of antibiotics (1st round was with Z-pack) for bronchitis. The tablets are hugh. For whatever reason, it created diarrhea but managed with yogurts prior to taking medication.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 21

This medication made me sick to my stomach even with food. I have gotten worse each day with stomach discomfort, diarrea, and unexplained weight gain. I would not recommend this drug for anyone.

Comment from: jman, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 13

my wife has been taking this med for 7 days due to cellulitis, she has been having chronic nausea and has vomited once and had stomach cramps on day 7

Related Reading: cellulitis

Comment from: momdoall, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 25

I had a severe sinus infection , I went to the emergency room and the doctor prescribed Augmentin XR(generic) I have been taking it for three days and the only side effect I have is diaherra, but its better than being in pain and not being able to breathe!

Related Reading: Augmentin XR

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 12

I had acute bronchitis and sinusitis. My doctor gave my a very strong dose. I was told to have a big meal before it so I did and I took the pill about an hour later I was throwing up and had pain and a sick feeling in my stomach. After that I cut the pills in half and here and there I felt sick. Other than that it knocked it right out of me. Also my intestines were messed up for a while.

Related Reading: acute bronchitis

Comment from: napoler, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 19

maybe i should switch to a differentc anti-biotic.

Comment from: flattoppaulie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 05

been taking for 4 days now for broncitis. still have pain in throat and coughing alot. will continue for 6 more days, hope it helps with the problem