Augmentin XR User Reviews

Augmentin XR - User Reviews

Augmentin XR User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Augmentin XR sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mssugar10, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 08

I am taking this medication 2 pills twice a day. I have had bad gas but other than that no problem. I am taking it for a sinus infection. I hope thatbit works.

Comment from: samandcrew, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 20

sowhat sick to my stomach, zapped, no energy,but it does appear to be clearing up my sinuses

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 24

I was being treated for a lung infection. In two days this medication caused me to have an extreme case of diarrhea. This caused an infection and blistering which took me about 4 weeks to get over. I also had a severe stomach ache. I was not helped and I threw most of the med. out.

Comment from: drmom, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 23

This is the only thing that has worked to get past this ongoing sinus infection. I have experienced dizziness, near syncope, and a fall which were my fault because I moved too quickly upon arising - need to move slower until I have my balance and I am sure I won't fall or faint.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: Apraise7@aol.com, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 16

Rash, Facial Swelling after 5 days of treatment. Disorientation & Dizziness.

Comment from: Carol, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 15

My infection was 1st treated with Z-Pack. After no improvement in 2 days, my doctor switched me to Augmentin XR, which covers more types of bacteria. I felt some improvement within 12 hours and then steady improvement in the next few days. Yes, there are side effects, such as diarrhea, but that can be handled easily. It was obvious that my severe infection was not improving until I began this medication. It is well worth any minor side effects. After 3 days, while still feeling weak from being so ill for over a week, I continue to improve and am very grateful for this powerful antibiotic! The large pills are scored and can easily be broken in half to swallow with ease.