Auralgan User Reviews

Auralgan - User Reviews

Auralgan User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Auralgan sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Pharmacist-to-be2010, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 08

Remember, there is the "NEW" formulation for Auralgan which is $200 or so, and the "Old" formulation is now the Antipyrine & Benzocaine Otic Solution ($12). If your Dr writes for Auralgan, the same med written for for years thinking you are getting the generic, it is no longer the same thing!! Make sure your Dr. knows you want the A/B Otic or Antipyrine/Benzocaine otic. The New formulation has those two plus two additional ingredients (acetic acid & an astringent). There are no studies saying it is better. Stick with the old stuff. Hope this helps. (Drs. are not always aware of this & don't know you are getting a $200 bill.)

Related Reading: Auralgan | acetic acid

Comment from: Sarah, LPN, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 05

My 16 month old has bilat ear tubes and experienced bilat ottis media. This came on suddenly and tylenol and ibuprofen were not helping her pain. She was put on antibiotics, but her pain was unbearable. She cried for 4 hours straight. After receiving auralgan drops from the doctor, within a half hour she stopped crying and seemed to get much relief. I would recommend auralgan drops to ANYONE who has unbearable ear pain and can't be controlled with any other pain medication. This was a miracle for my little one is such pain!

Related Reading: tylenol | ibuprofen

Comment from: mommi weller, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 24

great med, it is costly, all, but wal mart has it on their $4 medication list, get it filled at wal mart

Comment from: amy, 35-44 Published: August 04

Important Information! This medication, which has been available in generic form for a very reasonable cost for years, has recently been reformulated so no generic is yet available. At the pharmacy I went to, it cost over $200. I called a pharmacist I knew to gather info. She called my doctor and requested to use the older formula; my doctor readily agreed. The pharmacist noted that most doctors are unaware of this change. The first pharmacist gave me no info except a generic was not available.

Comment from: penny, on Treatment for 10+ years Published: September 21

I used this as far back as the early 70's do not remember it being expensive.. the simple ingredients don't seem to warrent a $200.price tag. What's up with that??

Comment from: penny, 45-54 Published: September 21

I used this for my children from back in the 70's My pediatrician told me never to be without it as children inevitably will get a bad ear ache in the middle of the night and it will get them through til you can get to the Dr for an antibiotic. Cannot tell you how many times it saved mine and my kids from a painful sleepless night .I even used it on my dfog once and it worked!! I swear !!

Comment from: Kalyan, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

I used this medication. It cost me $55. Somebody mentioned in their review an old generic formula. Can you please post here that formula? I used it once for every three hours. Great releif.......

Comment from: kate, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 30

I had an bad ear infection secondary to a sinus infection. This relieved my ear pain immediately! Little difficult to put drops in by myself, but its doable. Price is high - my copay was $80, but to me it was worth it for the relief it gave!

Related Reading: ear infection | sinus infection

Comment from: Darlene Dunnam, 75 or over (Patient) Published: February 14

Why can you not get Auralgan Otic for earaches from a Pharmacy? I have used this medication for years. Only when I have an earache which is occasional. Auralgan will stop the ache. I recently asked for a prescription, which has been filled probably three or four times since I started using it in the late '80's.

Comment from: Melinda, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 28

i have 7 children 2 of which have had major ear problems (infections, tubes) i have used this medicine numerous times for them and it works VERY VERY WELL!! definetly recommend this medicine to anyone with ear pain.....i also have the doctor give me some of this every time just so i never run out at home!!